Home Business news today in Nigeria Dollar to Naira Exchange rate Black market Dollar to Naira exchange rate today May 5, 2024: GBP,...

Black market Dollar to Naira exchange rate today May 5, 2024: GBP, EUR to Naira

0
Dollar to Naira black market exchange rate today
Advertisement

What is the Dollar to Naira Exchange rate at the black market also known as the parallel market (Aboki fx)?

 

See the black market Dollar to Naira exchange rate, Euro to Naira black market, Pounds to Naira black market for May 5, 2024, below. You can swap your dollar for Naira at these rates.

How much is a dollar to naira today in the black market?

Dollar to naira exchange rate today black market (Aboki dollar rate):

The exchange rate for a dollar to naira at Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt  Parallel Market (Black Market) yesterday closed at an average N1,410 per dollar according to data obtained from Bureau De Change (BDC) operators. 

Advertisement

 

CBN Sacks 50 More Staff, Sparking Anxiety Among Employees

Dollar to Naira Black Market Rate Today.

How much is $1 in Nigeria black market today?

Advertisement

 

Dollar to Naira (USD to NGN) Black Market Exchange Rate Today
Buying Rate N1,410
Selling Rate N1,415

CBN exchange rate dollar to Naira today

The CBN exchange rate dollar to Naira today is:

Dollar to Naira (USD to NGN) CBN Rate Today
Buying Rate 1,382
Selling Rate 1,390

 

 

The Dollar to Naira Bank rate today is also the same as the CBN official rate. The only difference is just one to two naira difference from one bank to another.

Advertisement

Please note that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) does not recognize the parallel market (black market), as it has directed individuals who want to engage in Forex to approach their respective banks.

 

The rates you buy or sell forex at Aboki exchange rate today in Lagos and other Aboki Forex rates may be different from what is captured in this article because prices vary.

Pounds to Naira Today

Pounds to NGN CBN Rate Today

  • Buying Rate: N1,770
  • Selling Rate: N1,780

Euro to Naira black market Today

Euro to Naira exchange rate Today

  • Buying Rate: N1,460
  • Selling Rate: N1,470

OPay Warns Customers Against Crypto Transactions Following CBN Directive

OPay, a prominent Nigerian financial technology firm, has cautioned its customers against using their accounts for cryptocurrency transactions. The firm issued this warning in response to a directive from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), stating that it will take action to close accounts engaged in crypto trading.

Advertisement

 

In a statement released on Friday, OPay underscored its adherence to the regulatory guidelines set forth by the CBN. The directive, which has prompted various financial technology companies (Fintechs) to halt the onboarding of new customers until further notice, has compelled OPay to take proactive measures in compliance.

Advertisement

 

Several fintech firms have already confirmed their compliance with the CBN directive, which was issued on April 30, 2024. In alignment with these regulations, OPay emphasized its prohibition of all cryptocurrency and virtual currency trading activities.

 

Advertisement

“Any account engaging in such activities will be closed, and customer information will be shared with regulatory authorities,” the statement from OPay reiterated.

 

Customers were urged to ensure that their accounts refrain from involvement in any cryptocurrency or virtual currency transactions to avoid potential repercussions.

Advertisement

 

The regulatory landscape surrounding cryptocurrencies in Nigeria has seen significant developments in recent months. On April 24, 2024, a federal high court in Abuja made a ruling regarding the status of cryptocurrencies in the country.

 

Advertisement

An analysis conducted by TheCable Index revealed that out of the 1,146 affected accounts, 90 percent are operated by commercial banks, with the remaining 10 percent under the purview of fintech firms.

 

As the regulatory environment continues to evolve, financial technology companies like OPay navigate the regulatory landscape to ensure compliance while addressing the needs of their customers within the bounds of the law.

 

Stay informed with Ejes Gist News – Your Source for Credible Naija News Today, latest naija gists today and Breaking News in Nigeria Now.

Advertisement
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author and do not reflect the views of Ejes Gist Media Limited. For any rights infringements or takedown requests, please contact us at [email protected].
Advertisement