CBN portal to deposit old notes – crs.cbn.gov.ng is now open. See how to create a profile and generate code
The CBN portal to deposit old notes https://crs.cbn.gov.ng/ is now open, how to create a profile and generate code has been highlighted here on Ejes Gist News.
The Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) portal designed for the collection of old naira notes is now available for Nigerians to use for free.
As part of its efforts to ensure a smooth implementation of the currency redesign policy, the CBN launched a portal to deposit old notes on Wednesday to begin its currency redemption exercise.
According to the CBN, the portal allows Nigerians who were unable to take their old N1,000 and N500 to commercial banks by the deadline to redeem them by filling out an online form on the CBN portal to deposit old notes.
How to Create a profile at the CBN portal to deposit old notes.
- Visit the website crs.cbn.gov.ng to create your profile, generate reference
- Click on Get Started
- Click New Depositor.
4 Select Depositor Type and fill the form profile accurately. Please don’t enter fake news or information. Print out the receipt for you to proceed to the nearest CBN branch to deposit your old N1000, N500 and N200 notes into your bank account,” a notification on CBN’s website reads.
Requirements needed at the CBN portal for the old naira Notes are as;
1. Reference code generated from completed online application form filled on CBN Portal
2. An active Deposit Money Bank account e.g. Access, Zenith, GT, Keystone Banks.
3. Bank Verification Number (BVN).
4. A valid Federal Government issued identity card (NIN, Driver’s License Card, International Passport).
More details about the CBN portal to deposit old notes .
- You can only generate the reference number and have a valid one once.
- The highest old naira notes you can deposit at commercial banks are 500,000 and below.
- The last date for you to deposit the old naira notes is April 10.
- If you take $100,000 to the bank to deposit today and you go back on Monday to deposit again, you will not be able to deposit again.
- Your reference number must be confirmed by CBN along with the amount of the deposit before you will get a credit alert.
- You cannot generate two reference numbers within the time limit.
Remember, this is just the last opportunity for you to deposit your old naira notes.
If you disobey the last opportunity, you will keep your old notes and show your grandchildren as history.
BREAKING: CBN denies asking banks to collect old N500 and N1000 notes (Photo)
Many Nigerians have lamented that the CBN portal to deposit old notes is showing out of service.
However, when Ejes Gist News visited the CBN portal to deposit old Naira notes on Friday at 9:45 pm the platform is available and working freely.
“Disruption of service for maintenance We will be returning shortly. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause,” the notice states.
President Muhammadu Buhari has extended the validity of the old N200 banknotes until April 10.
In a televised address to the nation on Thursday, the president announced that all old N1000 and N500 bills are no longer legal tender.
However, according to Buhari, the old N1,000 and N500 notes are still redeemable at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and designated locations.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the CBN portal to deposit old notes .