Charles Chukwuma Soludo Biography: Age, Wife, Net Worth, Cars, Facts
All about Charles Chukwuma Soludo Biography: Age, Wife, Wike, Net Worth, Cars and Facts Can be accessed here .
Charles Chukwuma Soludo was elected Governor of Anambra November 6 Governorship.
Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo is a well-known Nigerian economist who also served as Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria for a period.
A variety of fascinating facts about Charles Chukwuma Soludo can be found in this page, which includes a list of everything.
Charles Soludo Profile, Wikipedia: The Biography Of Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Anambra Governor Elect
Charles Chukwuma Soludo Wiki
Biography Of Charles Chukwuma Soludo
Charles Chukwuma Soludo Profile
Charles Chukwuma Soludo was born on the 28th of July 1960 in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, Nigeria, and is the son of Charles Chukwuma Soludo. Charles Soludo’s mother, Mgbafor, died when he was eight years old at his hometown of Isuanioma, near Isuofia, in the Anambra State. Although little is known about Charles Chukwuma Soludo’s early life, he has demonstrated a natural aptitude for academics throughout his life. This is evident in his academic pursuits as well as in his later professional decision as a lecturer at a university.
Charles Chukwuma Soludo Education
Charles Chukwuma Soludo pursued his Bachelors of Science degree in Economics at the University of Nsukka in Enugu state after completing his primary and secondary school. He received a First-Class degree in 1984 for his achievements as a scholar and as a bright student.
Three years later, in 1987, Chukwuma Soludo graduated with honours from the University of Nsukka in Enugu State with a Masters degree in Economics. His PhD in Economics was likewise obtained from the same university. Soludo excelled in both of his graduate courses, earning First Class honours in both while also receiving numerous prizes.
Charles Chukwuma Soludo ACADEMIC PROWESS
With his brilliant mind and scholartics sense in Macroeconomics, Chukwuma Soludo has gone on a lecture and research spree both locally and internationally, earning him the title of “Macroeconomics Professor of the Year.” He began his academic career at a young age and has progressed steadily thereafter. Charles Soludo joined the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 1998 as a professor of economics, and in 1999 he was invited to serve as a visiting professor at Swarthmore College in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
He has held visiting positions at the International Monetary Fund, the University of Cambridge, The Brookings Institution, The University of Warwick, and The University of Oxford. He has also lectured at the University of Warwick and The University of Oxford. He teaches a variety of topics in economics at these institutions, including multi-country macro econometric modelling, methodologies of computable general equilibrium modelling, survey methodology, and panel data econometrics, to name a few.
Charles Chukwuma Soludo Books/ Publications
Every professor has a number of publications to his or her credit; it is one of the distinguishing characteristics of a tenured professor. For Charles Soludo, in addition to the various publications that bear his name, he has also co-authored and written a number of books in addition to his numerous publications. Among his publications are the following:
- “North-South Macroeconomic Interactions: Comparative Analysis using the MULTIMOD and INTERMOD global models”, Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Brookings discussion papers in international economics, Brookings Institution (1992)
- “Implications of alternative macroeconomic policy responses to external shocks in Africa”, Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Development research papers series, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Socio-Economic Research and Planning Division (1993)
- “Growth performance in Africa: Further evidence on the external shocks versus domestic policy debate”, Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Development research papers series, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Socio-Economic Research and Planning Division (1993)
- “The Consequences of US Fiscal Actions in a Global Model with Alternative Assumptions about the Exchange Regime in Developing Countries”, Ralph C. Bryan and Charles Chukwuma Soludo. Chapter 13 in David Currie and David Vines, eds., North-South Linkages and International Macroeconomic Policy, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press for the Centre for Economic Policy Research. (Brookings Discussion Paper in International Economics No. 103. Washington, DC: Brookings Institution, February 1994.)
- “Macroeconomic adjustment, trade, and growth: Policy analysis using a macroeconomic model of Nigeria”, Charles Chukwuma Soludo, AERC research paper, African Economic Research Consortium (1995) ISBN 9966-900-26-8 ISBN 978-9966900265
- Soludo, Charles Chukwuma (1998). Macroeconomic Policy Modelling of African Economies. Acena. ISBN 978-2114-29-4.
- “Our Continent, Our Future: African Perspectives on Structural Adjustment”, T. Mkandawire and C.C. Soludo, Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa, Dakar, 1999, in Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa, 1:2, 1999.
- “African Voices on Structural Adjustment: A Companion to Our Continent, Our Future”, Edited by Thandika Mkandawire and Charles C. Soludo. At least three editions: IDRC/CODESRIA/Africa World Press 2002, ISBN 0-88936-888-0, 280 pp.; Paperback, ISBN 978-0-88936-888-0 Jan 2003; Africa World Press 2003, ISBN 0-86543-779-3
- Okonjo-Iweala, Ngozi; Charles Chukwuma Soludo and Mansur Muhtar (2002). The Debt Trap in Nigeria: Towards a Sustainable Debt Strategy. Africa World Press. ISBN 1-59221-001-5.
- “The Politics of Trade and Industrial Policy in Africa: Forced Consensus”, Edited by Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Michael Osita Ogbu and Ha-Joon Chang, Africa World Press (January 2004), ISBN 1-59221-164-X, ISBN 978-1-59221-164-7 (Also International Development Research Centre, ISBN 1-59221-165-8)
- “Potential Impacts of the New Global Financial Architecture on Poor Countries”, Edited by Charles Soludo, Musunuru Rao, ISBN 978-2-86978-158-0, 80 pages, 2006, CODESRIA, Senegal, Paperback
Charles Chukwuma Political Involvement
In 2003, Professor Charles Soludo joined the Nigerian government as the Chief Economic Adviser to former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the Chief Executive Officer of the National Planning Commission of Nigeria.
In May 2004, he became the Chairman of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). Also, he got an appointment from the Nigerian President – Mohammadu Buhari, to be part of the newly formed 8-member Economic Advisory Council (EAC) on the 16th of September 2019.
In 2010, he campaigned to be the Governor of his hometown, however, he lost to Peter Obi during the elections. But it seems, the erudite professor hasn’t given up on politics yet, he still aspires to be the Governor of Anambra in 2022 (@soludo2022).
Charles Chukwuma Soludo Awards And Recognitions
Being an erudite professor and a savvy economist sure confers honor on you, and Professor Soludo has been honoured severally. A list of some of the awards and recognition he has received includes:
- Red Cross awards for his contributions to the development of the society – 2018.
- The Banker Magazine published by the Financial Times of London named him the Global and African Central Bank Governor of the Year – 2005, 2006 and 2007
- Global Banker’s Award in London – 2006
- D.SC (Honoris Causa) by the University of Calabar.
- Financial Times of London named him a Great Reformer.
- Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi honoured him with a D.SC (Honoris Causa).
- Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic (CFR) – Nigeria’s third-highest national honour.
Charles Soludo Profile: Biography Of Charles Soludo, Anambra Governor Elect
Charles Chukwuma Soludo Net worth
As a former governor and chairman of the board of directors of the Central Bank of Nigeria his net worth has grown significantly, Dr. Soludo have an estimated net worth of ₦2.3 billion – $5 Million
Charles Chukwuma Soludo Family
Charles Soludo wife
Charles Chukwuma Soludo is happily married to Nonye Soludo, and their marriage is blessed with six children.
The versatile economist, Charles Chukwuma Soludo has been known for his high taste for class. Though no much public details are known about his personal cars, however, he has often been reported commuting in conveys of at least seven exotic cars.
Range Rover is a spec product of Land Rover which is a British automobile brand in the four-wheel-drive cars category that exclusively offers premium and luxury sport utility vehicles (SUV). Range Rover is one of the youngest of the British car brand and launched in 1970, which it was first built in 1967 and finalized in 1969.
Land Cruiser Prado
The Land Cruiser carries over mostly unchanged. The only update from 2020 is that the Heritage Edition can now be optioned with a third row of seats. The top-of-the-line model is also now available in Classic Silver and Magnetic Gray metallic paint colors.
Charles Soludo House
When the one-time CBN governor was in office, he had a place of residence at 14 Daresalam Street, Wuse 11, Abuja, which is one of the most expansive areas in Abuja.
Prof Soludo has also lived in Ethiopia, UK, and the USA and traveled to 45 other countries as an itinerant scholar and consultant to 20 international organizations including the World Bank, IMF, European Union, AfDB, USAID, UK-DFID, UNDP, UNCTAD.
Here are six important things you need to know about the newly elected Governor of Anambra State.
1. First Class Economics Graduate
Soludo was born on July 28, 1960, in Isuofia- Aguata, LGA, Anambra state. He studied Economics at the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka, where he bagged a B.Sc (First Class Hons) in 1984.
Despite losing his mom at a tender age, Soludo kept a high-flyer status in school.
2. Award-Winning Student
The APGA governorship candidate was a prolific macroeconomist, he obtained his three degrees and then a professorship at the University of Nigeria in Nsukka, Enugu State.
For his first degree at UNN, the former CBN governor clinched the departmental and Faculty prizes as best graduating student.
Soludo also bagged his PhD (1989) in Econometrics/Monetary Economics at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, and won the Vice-Chancellor’s award.
3. An Extraordinary Lecturer and Author
Prof. Charles, who is popularly known as a public policy expert and politician, started his lecturing career at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
By 1999, Soludo became a visiting professor at the Swarthmore College in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, USA, and also a lecturer at Oxford, Cambridge, and Warwick University. In addition, has also been a guest scholar at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), and the Brookings Institution.
4. Legendary Consultant
The Aguata born economist has worked as a consultant for numerous international firms such as the African Development Bank (AfDB), Abidjan, The World Bank, Washington DC, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Washington, DC, and so on.
5. Appointee of two presidents – Olusegun Obasanjo and Muhammadu Buhari
Based on his wealth of knowledge and expertise, Professor Soludo was invited to serve his country in 2003 as the Chief Economic Adviser to former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the Chief Executive Officer of the National Planning Commission of Nigeria. In May 2004, he was made governor and chairman of the board of directors of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
Also in 2019, due to his impressive work while in charge of the CBN, Soludo was named as a member of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Economic Advisory Council.
Charles Chukwuma Soludo Children
6. Father of Six
Aside from being a public figure, Prof. Soludo is a proud husband to Mrs Money Soludo and a father of six children. One of his children, Ozonna is a musician, making waves in the Nigerian music industry.