Federal Government of Nigeria Recruitment for Senior Internal Auditor (SIA) 2020 for Graduates
The Federal Government of Nigeria and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) have authorised the institution of Country Programme Advisory Team (CPAT) for the coordination of all IFAD funded initiatives in Nigeria. The workforce is to make sure high quality and supply unified and result-based companies to the nation programmes within the following thematic areas; Monitoring & Evaluation, Youth and Gender Mainstreaming, Climate change adaptation and Environment, Nutrition mainstreaming, Financial inclusion, Finance and Expenditure Management, Communication and Knowledge Management.
To facilitate the composition of the Team, the emptiness beneath have been declared:
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor (SIA)
- Reporting to the Lead CPA, the SIA will ascertain and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the financial management and internal control framework; ensure compliance with the IFAD and Federal Government project financing agreements, IFAD disbursement procedures, Project Implementation Manual, etc; identify critical weaknesses if any and areas for improvement; and provide the projects coordination teams with timely information and recommendations on financial management aspects of the project to enable timely corrective actions.
- Carry out audit in accordance with international standards of auditing, including such tests and controls as the auditor considers necessary. The audit will cover implementing partners and the beneficial level
- Ensure that the accounting and financial management systems remain reliable and effective in design and assess the extent to which they are being followed. Ascertain the reliability of integrity, controls, security and effectiveness of the operations of the computerized accounting system.
- Review the accuracy and timeliness of the quarterly Financial Reports produced bythe projects and confirm whether these are used by the managements for decision making.
- Check that the Statements of Expenditures (SUEs) submitted to IFAD, reconcile with the expenditures reported under the quarterly and yearly financial reports. Duly record and notify IFAD of any ineligible expenditures noted during the review.
- Confirm that the No-objections given to the projects by IFAD and the Federal Government for incurring expenditure under the projects are used for intended purposes.
- Undertake procurement audits to ensure procedures are done transparently as per IFAD-mandated procedures/thresholds and respecting national guidelines including those on anti-corruption. Verify that all the goods, works and services procured and issues are supported by valid receipt and documents including IFAD No objection and the government approval and that a Register of contracts and Contract Monitoring Form are maintained and up-to-date.
- Undertake other audit-related tasks
- The duration of the assignment will be for an initial two years, renewable annually based on the successful completion of a one-year probational period, and availability of resources.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of first degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting.
- A Professional Certificate in Accounting or Auditing from an accredited program is an added advantage.
- A minimum work experience of 8 years, 4 of which in donor projects.
Application Closing Date