Federal Ministry of Water Resources – The Niger Basin Authority NB-ITTAS Project is an important opportunity for a sustainable use of natural resources, water, land, forests in the Niger Basin. NB-ITTAS (Niger Basin – Iullemeden -Taoudeni/Tanezrouft Aquifer System) which engages four implementation partners that are the NBA (for Components 2, 3 and 4), OSS (Components 1 , 2 and 4), UNIDO (Component 3) and UNESCO (Component 4), is the expression of the implementation of the NBA Sustainable Development Action Plan of the Niger River Basin, and the development of the Trans-boundary Diagnostic Analysis (TDA) and Strategic Action Plan (SAP) of the Iullemeden-Taoudeni/Tanezrouft Aquifer System (SATT or ITTAS in English Iullemeden-Taoudeni/Tanezrouft Aquifer System).
The project covers the following aspects:
- The negative effects of climate change which put pressure on human health, food security and general livelihood and/or resilience.
- Degradation of land, other natural resources and change in the way these resources are used.
- Changes in the hydrological regime: result of a combination of climate variability and changes.
- Pollution: (i) Agricultural pollution; (ii) Industrial pollution (Industry, Mining and Oil); (iii) urban and domestic pollution; (iv) Infestation of invasive aquatic plants.
To ensure proper execution and proper monitoring of the Project actions in the field, the Niger Basin Authority is launching a call for applications for the recruitment of the following positions. These vacancies are open to applicants from Niger Basin Authority member countries, including NBA internal applicants:
Also Apply for : Federal Teachers Scheme UBEC Recruitment 2020 • See How To Apply
Job Title: Data management, GIS and Remote Sensing Technician
Duty station: Niamey, Niger
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Support the participatory processes of identifying, planning and implementing geographical and cartographic data collection activities and the development of thematic maps;
- Identify, acquire and continuously enrich the database with external spatial data relevant to management and conservation activities, REDD + pollution reduction;
- Identify and develop new methods of data compilation, recording and analysis of data, using new database systems such as smart phones, online tools and websites;
- Train and support other project and NBA experts, partner organisations and structures, associates and beneficiaries in the collection, storage, analysis, mapping, imagery and communication of the geospatial information;
- Ensure that the database is properly stored and regularly backed up. Provide technical support for the development and maintenance of the database web application and any other database programmes and functions requiring programming and analysis;
- Provide GIS support to NBA programmes, including the development of thematic maps.
- Support the analysis of remote sensing data (e.g. satellite images) to assess changes in the use of natural resources: forest water, land and land use in target areas of the project.
- Carry out ground verification as required, in collaboration with country staff, to verify maps and spatial analyses produced and determine levels of accuracy.
ALSO APPLY FOR : Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic & Non-academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- BAC+5 degree in cartography, geography, geomatics, land use planning, engineering science or any other equivalent diploma;
- Good knowledge of conventional cartography and geomatics as well as their applications;
- Good knowledge of spatial analysis and GIS, and a perfect command of at least two (2) of the usual software for the development of digital cartography (Maplnfo; Arc Gis; QGIS, etc.);
- Perfect command of one of the usual remote sensing software (Erdas Imagine, Envi, Géomatica);
- Master the interpretation and use of aerial photographs and satellite images;
- Perfect command of the use of GPS;
- Good knowledge of common computer applications and database management software (WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT, ACCESS). Proficiency in a computer language (Visual Basic, SQL, etc.) would be an asset;
- Perfect command of French and/or English; good writing skills, knowledge of the other language would be an asset;
- Excellent ability to work in a team and under pressure.
Applicants must have:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of geographic information system and remote sensing, based on similar and proven activities;
- Practical experiences in the development and management of spatial databases for analysis and mapping purposes;
- Practical experiences in the development of digital maps, maps and GIS; spatial analysis, the use of remote sensing for the purpose of supplying databases and monitoring resources;
- Proven experience in the participatory map production process (crowd-mapping);
- Proven skills in the areas of knowledge capitalization;
- Knowledge of the structuring principles of geographic databases.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation, Accountability and Learning/Information and Communication for Development Expert (MEAL/ICT4D)
Duty station: Niamey, Niger
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The specific objectives of the position are as follows:
- Guide the process of establishing the baseline situation (baseline study), refine the project performance monitoring indicators and verify the quality of the environmental and socio-economic data available on the project area, the methods used for collecting them and their degree of reliability to constitute good basic statistics;
- Lead the deployment and timely completion of the MEAL/ICT4D computerized digital system to support the implementation of project activities;
- Develop the entire framework for participatory monitoring and evaluation (M/E) of the project based on formal and functional mechanisms and systems, particularly annual reviews, participatory impact evaluations, process monitoring, monitoring operations and workshops to capitalize on lessons learned;
- Provide guidelines, cohesion and facilitate learning in brainstorming events and manage communication of MEAL results on time to ensure a common vision and identity of the project;
- Use the appropriate MEAL/ICT4D tools to monitor project performance in innovative ways using a dashboard, regular data analysis and undertake regular data quality assessments, working closely with partner organizations to identify and implement recommendations and improve data collection and management systems;
- Guide the designing process of the computerized monitoring and evaluation system; Activities include standardization of MEAL digital data collection forms, data and reporting platform, among others;
- Ensure that the M&E system complies with the provisions of funding agreements and NBA standards;
- Guide and supervise the consultants and/or structures contracted to carry out the specific surveys necessary for the evaluation of effects and impacts; support the stakeholders and partners of the Project to set up their own systems consistent with that of the Project;
- Contribute to the development of a capacity building and support plan for monitoring and evaluation, and monitor its implementation;
- Ensure that the targeting strategy is respected and gender is taken into account in all project activities;
- Work closely with NBA staff and key stakeholders to develop the necessary capacities and ensure that systems are in place to ensure rapid and efficient implementation of M&E and MEAL/ICT4D activities, training, technical assistance, materials, equipment and reporting.
- Help establish the AWPBs, and design, on the basis of the AWPBs, the general framework for monitoring activities;
- Train, monitor and supervise MEAL/ICT4D officers and provide general strategic leadership;
- Work closely with the Regional Coordinator, Component Coordinators and UNDP and others in order to enhance the visibility of the project through innovative approaches using MEAL/ICT4D tools as the unique identity of NB-ITTAS.
- Ensure the planning, monitoring and periodic evaluation of all Project activities as well as support other members of the Project team to fulfill their information management and production tasks;
- Support the stakeholders and partners of the Project to set up their own systems consistent with that of the Project;
- Coordination at local and regional level of the collection, processing and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data;
- Drafting of periodic reports, for monitoring and planning of project monitoring and evaluation activities in consultation with other project staff
- Coordinate the deployment of a comprehensive global monitoring and evaluation framework, tools including performance indicators and benchmarks for each aspect of the project to ensure transparency and accountability in accordance with the general strategic directions of the NBA and the project;
- Recommend and implement a systematic approach to integrate thematically defined result indicators in the strategies and formulation of regional activities (contribution, production, results, impact);
- Train project and NBA staff in the use of MEAL/ICT4D tools;
- In collaboration with the Coordinator of Component 2, coordinate evaluations of project activities and capture good practices resulting from implementation;
- Develop a comprehensive reporting framework on MEAL and ICT with provisions relating to the NBA’s impact assessment;
- Put in place data collection systems and mechanisms to monitor the development of indicators defined in the overall reporting framework;
- Implement MEAL/ICT4D standardization accessible to project staff, NBA and implementing partners.
- Develop a knowledge management system and ensure its functionality within the project;
- Document lessons learned and good practices including, appropriate application of MEAL/ICT4D best practices, and share them with all stakeholders;
- Identify centers of excellence in all target countries and for each area of activity, promote decentralized knowledge centers;
- Promote cross-learning between different projects and between project partners;
- In collaboration with the Regional Coordinator, support thematic coordinators to promote internal mechanisms improving knowledge generation and crosslearning;
- Disseminate and promote the use of research and key case studies internally and to the outside world, using ICT4D;
- Assist NBA and UNDP to design and integrate ICT4D in the development of new proposals.
- Cooperate closely with members of other components in the development of technical and scientific programmes, and the development of terms of reference for technical missions;
- Participate in the technical monitoring of activities, evaluations and technical audits of project achievements
- Follow up on recommendations and the various project operations units;
- Ensure the limitation of methodologies to be used by service providers in terms of evaluating or carrying out technical studies.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES For Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
The Expert should have:
- Higher education degree (at least BAC+4) in statistics, socio-economics, environment, management, or related field;
- Professional experience of at least 7 years in the monitoring and evaluation of development projects/programmes. Experience in ecosystem management/development would be an asset;
- Proven competence (similar work), at least five (5) years, in the application of a monitoring and evaluation system based on ICT4D in a development project/programme;
- Proven knowledge of MEAL/ICT4D platforms;
- Knowledge of data entry software, analysis, database management and common software;
- Proven competence in human relations, communication and a strong capacity for teamwork and working under pressure;
- Perfect command of the French and/or English language – spoken and written (knowledge of the other language will be an asset);
- Have sufficient skills in capacity building to ensure the training of staff and stakeholders involved in monitoring/evaluation activities
Job Title: Integrated Water Resources Management and Environment Expert
Duty station: Niamey, Niger
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Supervise the development and implementation of the IWRM-Climate Action Plan for the Niger Basin;
- Supervision of NB-ITTAS IWRM activities in the countries;
- Ensure the overall consistency of development activities of the various planning tools with respect to the water and environment sector;
- Training and support to countries in the development and implementation of the Participatory Development Plan for the national portions of the basin;
- Technical assistance to the focal points of countries on IWRM;
- Supervision and technical coordination of concerted management activities of shared water resources with respect to other natural resources;
- Planning and monitoring of project activities in consultation with team members and other services, and taking into account the various constraints;
- Coordination of IWRM activities at regional level;
- Quality control and verification of technical files (ToR, execution of contracts, studies and technical reports);
- Contribution to the selection and recruitment of the service providers (design and control firms, construction companies, etc.) involved in the project;
- Development of elements of the Procurement Plan for goods, services and works;
- Participation in the monitoring and evaluation of the Project;
- Participation in the preparation of periodic activity reports;
- Execution of all other tasks related to the management of water and environmental resources within the framework of NB-ITTAS entrusted to him by his Direct Supervisors;
- Taking into account of the Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) of the project as part of the IWRM
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- At least BAC+5 degree in water resources engineering, hydrology or equivalent field.
- Proven knowledge in Integrated Management of trans-boundary Water Resources, including hydro-systems;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of appropriate professional experience in water resources management, including at least five (5) years in trans-boundary water management;
- A minimum of five (5) years of appropriate/relevant professional experience in the operationalization of IWRM;
- Proven experience in the conduct and management of development projects.
- Ability to work with various government departments, companies, other projects, NGOs, associations and producer groups and cooperatives;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and work in a team;
- Master forecasting models as well as computer tools for water resources management;
- Good knowledge of IT tools (especially Word, Excel, MS Project, Access, etc.);
- Ability to communicate, lead meetings, organize schedules and respect them, rigorous, dynamic, active, ability to anticipate;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Excellent command of the French and/or English language and be functional in the other.
- Adaptability: Knowing how to demonstrate flexibility, versatility and/or tolerance in a work environment while carrying out tasks effectively and efficiently.
How to Apply
The application files should include the following documents:
- A cover letter;
- A recent and detailed curriculum vitae;
- A copy of the citizenship certificate or any other document which may help to establish nationality;
- A copy of the titles, diplomas, and certificates of qualifications;
- A copy of the work or services certificates or attestation;
- One (1 ) passport-size photo;
- The names and addresses of three (3) reference persons.
The contract is for a period of two (2) years, with a trial period of three (3) months. The GIS specialist shall be subject to an annual performance evaluation which may or may not determine the continuation of the contract.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FILE
Applicants interested in the proposed position should submit their file, in a sealed envelope, to the address mentioned below no later than Thursday, 17 September 2020 at 10 am UT and must bear the words the job position title eg: “Recruitment of a Data Management, GIS and Remote Sensing Technician”.
They should be addressed: for the attention of The Regional Coordinator of the NBITTAS project.
Project Headquarters: NBA Technical Directorate, Haro banda, 1 st lane on the left after the Bridge (Right bank) coming from the GAWEYE hotel, 1st gate on the right, ask for the NB-ITTAS coordination unit.
For more information, visit https://waterresources.gov.ng/2020/09/10/vacancy-2/
[sc_fs_job html = ‘true’ title = ‘Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020 for contractor Staff ‘ title_tag = ‘h2’ valid_through = ‘2020-09-30’ employment_type = ‘CONTRACT’ company_name = ‘Federal Ministry of Water Resources ‘ same_as = ” logo_id = ” street_address = ‘Niamey, Niger State’ address_locality = ‘Niger State’ address_region = ‘NGR’ postal_code = ‘234 ‘ address_country = ‘Nigeria’ currency_code = ‘NGN’ quantitative_value = ‘00.0’ base_salary = ‘HOUR’ css_class = ” ] Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020 | Ejes Gist Job Consultant [/sc_fs_job]
People also search for
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment Portal
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment Portal 2020
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Salary Structure
- Agencies under Federal Ministry of water resources
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources address
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Permanent Secretary Ministry of Water Resources Nigeria
- Functions of Federal Ministry of Water Resources
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Tender
- Federal Ministry of Water resources logo
- Functions of Ministry of Water Resources