A Very good morning y’all and welcome to curated top Headlines on Nigerian Newspapers today November 5, 2022.
What Nigerian Newspapers are Saying?
1. The famed Africa Movie Academy Awards, or AMAA, organisers went all out last weekend and put up another event that regular guests will not soon forget.
The event brought together artist including the Famous P-Square.
2. After falling into a well, a 12-year-old student of a Qur’anic school died on Friday at Rummawa Gabas in Ungogo Local Government Area, Kano State.
3. The Pan Niger Delta Forum, PANDEF, accused President Muhammadu Buhari of ignoring the victims of the devastating floods in the nation, particularly in the Niger Delta, and demanded to know when he would pay them a visit.
4. Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, has scheduled Monday campaign rallies in the states of Anambra and Imo.
Nigerian Newspapers: Bluesky social: Ex-Twitter CEO, Dorsey, launches new social media platform
More on Nigerian Newspapers
5. Ike Ekweremadu, the jailed former Deputy Senate President who is currently detained in the UK, has 40 lands that a Federal High Court in Abuja ordered to be temporarily forfeited.
Following an ex-parte motion filed and brought by Ibrahim Buba on behalf of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Justice Inyang Ekwo issued the ruling.
6. At the Investors and Exporters window, the naira traded at 445.50 to the dollar on Friday, an increase of 0.6% from the 445.75 to dollar it traded at on Thursday.
During the session, the open indicative rate was settled at N442.88 to the dollar.
7. The wife of the head of the Commandant General’s Special Intelligence Squad (CG-SIS), DCC Appollos Dandaura, who was kidnapped two days ago from her living room, Mrs. Dandaura Victoria Apollos, has been freed.
8. Donald Trump, a former president of the United States, has made hints that he would run for politics in 2024 and make a comeback to the White House.
In his opening remarks at the first of four rallies he would do in five days to support Republican candidates in next week’s midterm elections, Trump made this revelation to a throng gathered in Iowa on Thursday.
Nigerian Newspapers: UK warns citizens over planned Terrorists attack on US?
Final points on Nigerian Newspapers
9. The University of Jos chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities on Friday gave its members the go-ahead to remain at home indefinitely while waiting for the Federal Government to pay back delayed earnings.
10. A manhunt has been started for some Yoruba Nation activists after they allegedly attacked soldiers and stole a rifle.
The event happened on Thursday near the Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government’s Oju-Ore axis in Ogun State.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers