Nigerian Army Recruitment DSSC Course (27/ 2023) Application Form Portal – Register Here
The Nigerian Army recruitment portal 2023 for DSSC 27 is now Open for application.
Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2023 – Would you like to submit an application for the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) recruitment form with the Nigerian Army? On the website, you can find information on the Nigerian Army SSC recruitment exercise as well as information on the Nigerian Army DSSC Portal (www.ims.army.mil.ng). Candidates who are interested in joining the Nigerian Army can now submit their applications using the newly released DSSC form.
You have the option of applying for either the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) or the Short Service Combatant programme when it comes to the Nigerian Army (SSC). This article will provide you with an explanation of these recruitment categories into the Nigerian Army and will also provide you with information on the job recruitment process for the Nigerian Army DSSC.
Please 🙏 not that the nigerian army recruitment form closing date is 14 March 2023.
We will walk you through the processes that you need to go through in order to apply for the Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission 2023 recruitment, including the requirements and the link to the application portal. This will enable you to register for the recruitment in the Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission through the online portal.
In addition to this, we will provide you with the date that recruitment for the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) of the Nigerian Army will begin as well as the cutoff date for the portal that houses the DSSC. In this section, you will find information that will detail to you where on the website of the Nigerian Army you can obtain the DSSC application form as well as the guidelines to apply.
Please take note of the Nigerian Army DSSC application, which is open to civilians as well as those who are currently serving in the armed forces.
Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Officers in the following positions below:
Nigerian Army Recruitment 2023 available positions
1.) Army Band Corp Officer
2.) Officer, Directorate of Legal Service
3.) Speech Therapist
4.) Occupational Therapist
5.) Medical Laboratory Scientist
8.) Dental Surgeon
9.) Dietitian / Nutritionist
10.) Medical Consultant
11.) Medical Doctor (Non Consultant)
12.) Officer, Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant)
13.) Officer, Directorate of Islamic Affairs
14.) Officer, Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply at the nigerian army recruitment portal 2023 by :
Clicking here to apply online
Nigerian Army Recruitment for DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION COURSE 27/2023
ADVERTISEMENT FOR DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION COURSE 27/2023
1. Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers. The DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. Only serving military personnel sponsored to civil institutions by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces shall be considered.
CORPS AND SERVICES
a. Nigerian Army Medical Corps. All applicants for the NA Medical Corps are to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies and current practicing licenses. Other requirements are as follows:
(1) Medical Consultants of various Disciplines. Applicants could belong to fields of specialization such as General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Anesthesia, Neuro-Surgery, Cardiothoracic, ENT Surgery, Physicians (Cardiologists, Endocrinologist, Nephrologists and Neurologists), Ophthalmologists as well as Obstetrics and Gynaecologists, Pediatricians and Family Medicine Physicians. Applicants must also satisfy the following criteria:
(a) Must be Fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or equivalent Postgraduate Medical College.
(b) Not be more than 40 years of age by May 2023.
(c) Must have full registration of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) for the undergraduate degree and additional qualification/registration as appropriate.
(d) Must have current MDCN license to practice as specialists.
(2) Medical Doctors (Non Consultants).
Applicants must possess MBBS/BDS or equivalent with not more than 5 years post – qualification experience and must be fully registered with the MDCN.
(3) Dietitians/Nutritionists. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
(4) Dental Surgeons. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
See Nigeria Army Salary Structure and Allowances | Army Ranks in Nigeria [latest update]
(Opens in a new browser tab)
(5) Pharmacists. Applicants must possess Bachelor of Pharmacy and must be fully registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
(6) Nurses. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) Degree in Pediatrics or Nephrology or they must be in one of the following categories: Orthopedic, Anesthetist, Registered or Psychiatric Nurses (with BSc Second Class Lower Degree) fully registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
(7) Nigerian Army Recruitment 2023 for Medical Laboratory Scientists. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in Medical Laboratory Science and must be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
(8) Speech Therapists. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree in Speech Therapy and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
(9) Occupational Therapists. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree in Occupational Therapy and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
b. Nigerian Army Band Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND Lower Credit or equivalent in Music with Associate of Royal Academy of Music (ARAM) and Associate of Royal College of Music (ARCM).
c. Nigerian Army Recruitment 2023 for Directorate of Legal Service. Applicants must possess LLB (Hons) from a recognized institution. In addition, applicants must have been called to the bar from Nigerian Law School. A minimum of 2 years post law School legal practice is required and applicants must present evidence of such.
d. Directorate of Islamic Affairs.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BA, B Ed (Second Class Lower) degree in any of the following areas: Hadith and Islamic Studies, Tafseer (Exegesis) and Qur’anic Science, Hadith Sciences, Islamic Theology and Hadith, Islamic Propagation and Religious Studies, and Qur’an and Islamic Studies from recognized Nigerian universities, Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University. Each applicant would be required to produce testimony of excellent character from a reputable Islamic religious organization in Nigeria. Applicants must be able to speak Arabic and English languages.
e.Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant). Applicants must possess minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree in Divinity Theology from any of the seminaries/universities recognized by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant). Applicants must belong to one of the 18 major denominations of the protestant faith. Soldier applicants must have served the NA with a minimum of 6 years experience in chaplaincy work and must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant). Applicants must provide proof of Ordination, attestation and certification by an ordained Bishop.
f. Nigerian Army Recruitment 2023 for Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic). Applicants must be Ordained Catholic Priests from a Roman Catholic approved seminary, affiliated to a National Universities Commission accredited University or Urbanian University, Rome. Applicants should possess a minimum of Bachelor of Arts (Second Class Lower) degree in Philosophy or Theology. Applicants must have good standing in the church and be released by a Diocesan Bishop with a proof of ordination. Applicants must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS at Nigerian Army Recruitment Portal.
2. All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
a. Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
b. Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years. Medical consultants could be between 25 – 40 years of age by May 2023.
c. Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
d. Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who are either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
e. Applicants must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
f. Measure in height at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females).
g. Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel applying must be free from any disciplinary case and endorsed by the applicant’s Commanding Officer/Commander.
h. Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND (where applicable) of not less than Lower Credit from any accredited institution of learning.
i. Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
j. Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
k. Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or valid exemption certificate as appropriate.
l. Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant regulating bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
m. Only post secondary academic credentials obtained from 2013 to date will be considered.
n. Applicants must present valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parents/guardians and Next of Kin as appropriate.
o. Candidates must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos.
p. Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary).
q. Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of their respective Service sponsorship to tertiary academic institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
r. Candidates must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity.
s. Candidates with ability to swim will have added advantage.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
3. The DSSC will be granted for a total of 15 years, for an initial period of 8 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission (DRC) may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer. Other Service conditions include the following:
a. The DSSC officers shall be on probation for the first 3 years of service.
b. Conversion to DRC is not automatic but based on application by an eligible commissioned officer. It is however based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
c. All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance of the terms and conditions governing the DSSC before they are granted commission into the NA.
d. The reckonable period of service for civilians who become commissioned officers will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training while that of military personnel applicants would be date of enlistment.
e. Medical Consultants on successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Major with seniority effective from date of commission.
f. Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant (except for medical consultants who will be commissioned as Majors) with seniority effective from date of commission.
METHOD OF APPLICATION at nigerian army recruitment portal
4. Applications are to be made online free of charge from 31 January 2023 to 14 March 2023.
a. How to apply:
(1) Go online and visit Nigerian Army recruitment portal webpage at: recruitment.army.mil.ng and choose DSSC option from the page.
(2) You will be redirected to the page where you can read the qualification criteria for the ongoing DSSC courses.
(3) Click on the “Apply Now” button for the DSSC as per your qualification and Corps of choice.
(4) At the prompt, you will be required to select if you are serving or have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Choose the appropriate option and proceed.
(5) If you do not have an account click on “Sign Up” (a verification will be sent to your email) or enter your login details and log in.
(6) Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded:
(a) Passport photograph.
(b) Educational certificates.
(c) Evidence of membership of any professional body.
(d) Certificate of state of origin.
(e) Birth certificate or age declaration.
b. Print Out.Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from an applicant’s state of origin. Successful applicants would be required to take a written examination at assigned examination centres. Successful candidates would present their printed application forms (photo-slips, guarantors form, attestation form etc) at the Examination Centres and subsequently to the Selection Board during interview.
5. All applications must be submitted online not later than 14 March 2023.
6. For further inquiries, please call 08179269294 or 08109959294 between 0800 -1800 hours (8am – 6pm) daily.
Army Headquarters, Department of Military Secretary, Mambilla Barracks, Asokoro – Abuja
Is Nigerian Army DSSC Form Out?
It is true that the Nigerian Army DSSC Form is currently available. An official announcement has been made, and concurrently, the application form and the beginning of registration have both been made available. However, we will provide you with the information that you need to know about the recruitment process for the Nigerian Army DSSC and what you should do as soon as the form is available.
The date that the application portal will be open for candidates to submit their applications for the DSSC recruitment will be announced by the Nigerian Army in the very near future. When the form is available, we will do our best to let you know in a timely manner. As a result, please bookmark this page and return to it frequently in order to stay up to date.
Requirements for Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2023
Before you are allowed to submit an application for the Nigerian Army DSSC recruitment 2023 online, you will need to satisfy the following requirements:
|Age Requirement||Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years. Medical consultants could be between 25 – 40 years of age by May 2023.|
|Academic Qualification||B.Sc or HND from any Institution.|
|Application Period||31 Jan 23 – 14 Mar 2023|
Other requirements include a birth certificate that includes a medical fitness certificate as well as your state of origin certification. When we move on to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is the screening phase, all of these requirements will once again need to be presented.
How to Apply for Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2023
Application for the Nigerian Army DSSC vacancies is conducted online. Visit the Nigerian Army DSSC Portal at www.ims.army.mil.ng and click on the DSSC application link. You will be directed to the DSSC Application form page where you will be required to enter your biographical information. Before submitting your application, review the page’s criteria for both the DSSC and SSC Courses.
In the interim, this platform will provide you with all the news and details you require regarding the Nigerian Army DSSC programme. Check back frequently and visit DSSC Portal www.ims.army.mil.ng for updates. The list of shortlisted candidates for the Nigerian Army DSSC will be published on time. Once the list is published, we will keep you informed.
For updates on Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2023, please leave a comment below. If you have any questions about the Nigerian Army SSC & DSSC Programme, we will do our best to respond.
Nigerian Army recruitment form closing date
14th March, 2023.