Nigerian Newspapers, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, NewsOnline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to curated top Headlines from Nigerian Newspapers today February 1, 2023.
What are the Nigerian Newspapers Saying?.
TikTok Launches Nigerian General Elections Guide In-App
As Nigeria prepares for its general elections on February 25, TikTok has introduced product features in collaboration with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that support its long-term vision to assist Nigerians and other users around the world in accessing factual and reliable information about the Nigerian general elections.
It collaborated on the project with Africa Check and the National Orientation Agency (NOA). The platform claims that these initiatives are a part of TikTok’s commitment to stop election misinformation and make sure that its community disseminates election news responsibly.
1) Godwin Emefiele, governor of the central bank of Nigerians have stated that persons who have old notes can still deposit them at commercial banks after the deadline of February 10. In his testimony before the House of Representatives ad hoc committee on Tuesday, Emefiele made this claim. Read More
2) Dr. Nuhu Muhammad Sanusi, the Emir of Dutse in Jigawa State, passed away on Tuesday at the age of 78. Auwalu Sankara, the governor’s Senior Special Assistant for New Media, confirmed this in a statement. Read More
Nigerian Newspapers: Video: When We made Atiku Senate President, Obasanjo wanted to roast him, I rescued him – Tinubu Says
3) The Kogi State House of Assembly has called back four suspended members: Rt. Hon. Moses Ododo, a former deputy chief whip; Hon. Idris Ndakwo, Lokoja II; Hon. Bello Hassan, the former majority leader. The suspension was lifted on Tuesday during a House meeting in Lokoja, according to Speaker of the House Rt. Hon. Mathew Kolawole.
4) In advance of the general election later this month, Nigeria’s Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan, assured observers from the European Union that the country’s democratic elections in 2023 will be the best yet. This was said by Lawan on Tuesday in Abuja when he was hosting the UN election observers.
NewsOnline Nigeria: Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know today, Tuesday, January 31, 2023
5) The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, have claimed that Nnamdi Kanu, their leader, is dying and that his deteriorating health is real. Emma Powerful, the spokesperson for IPOB, made the statement for the umpteenth time in response to a DSS employee’s assertion that the news of Kanu’s failing health was political. A DSS agent denied reports that Kanu was being poisoned while under the secret police’s control.
6) The restructuring of N1 trillion to pay for the 2022 supplemental budget has been approved by the House of Representatives. On Tuesday, the Committee on Supply gave its approval to President Muhammadu Buhari’s request to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for a loan.
Nigerian Newspapers: 101 Happy New Month Prayers, Message for February 1st 2023
7) On Tuesday in Anambra, All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate Asiwaju Bola Tinubu took shots at fellow candidates Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Mr. Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP), calling each of them a liar and a traitor.
8) To give people in rural and remote areas access to the internet, the World Bank has given Nigeria the task of increasing its broadband penetration. Shubham Chaudhuri, the country director for the World Bank, made the recommendation on Tuesday in Abuja during a speech outside the inaugural Digital Economy Regional Conference with the theme “Positioning West African Digital Economy for the Future.”
Nigerian Newspapers –NewsOnline Nigeria
9) The Ekoli Edda community in Ebonyi State’s Afikpo South Local Government Area petitioned President Muhammadu Buhari and the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, on Tuesday in response to the alleged covert action by the State government to release individuals charged with the murder of a pregnant woman, a police inspector, and other youths in the community. Chief Julius Oji, a leader of the People’s Democratic Party in Ebonyi State, revealed the development in Abakaliki and accused the state government of trying to free the suspects who are currently in police custody without giving them a fair trial by an experienced court of law.
10) Primate Elijah Ayodele, the head of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, has stated that because Bola Tinubu’s famous word “Emilokan” has a profoundly spiritual connotation, Nigerians should pay close attention to it. In a statement released by his spokesman Oluwatosin Osho, Ayodele warned Nigerians against taking Tinubu for granted and said they often make jokes about his statements because they don’t understand what they mean spiritually.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers, NewsOnline Nigeria