Nigerian Newspapers, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, NewsOnline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to curated top Headlines from Nigerian Newspapers today February 2, 2023.
What are the Nigerian Newspapers Saying?.
Obi Denies Merger Talks With Atiku
The Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate Peter Obi have stated that he and his party (Labour Party) have not spoken or had any talks with Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic party for a merger and won’t do so.
This was stated in a statement released on Wednesday night on behalf of Obi by Diran Onifade, Head of Media for the Obi-Datti Presidential Campaign Council.
1) Emmanuel Bwacha’s All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate for governor of Taraba State has been declared invalid by the Supreme Court. The decision was made on Wednesday by a five-person panel judge under the direction of Kudirat Kekere-Ekun.Read More
2) In the wee hours of Wednesday, armed men attacked the INEC office in Ojoto, Idemili South Local Government Area, Anambra State. In a press release, DSP Toochukwu Ikenga, the spokesperson for the State police command, confirmed the incident.Read More
Nigerian Newspapers:President Buhari’s Heart Is Not With Tinubu —Igbokwe
3) The Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) Atiku Abubakar and the New Nigeria Peoples Party’s (NNPP) Rabiu Kwankwaso were allegedly in discussions, according to reports from the PDP. Professor Rufai Ahmed Alkali, the NNPP’s national chairman, denied it in a conference with journalists on Wednesday in Abuja.
4) The president’s wife, Aisha Buhari, may have supported Kaduna State Governor Nasir el- Rufai’s assertion that certain individuals in the Nigerian Presidential Villa are working against Bola Tinubu, the party’s presidential candidate. Aisha Buhari shared the governor’s quote on her verified Instagram page without adding a comment, which could be interpreted as implicit support for the governor’s assertion.
NewsOnline Nigeria:Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know today, Wednesday, February 1, 2023
5) The leader of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has been urged by the chair of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), Rufa’i Alkali, to abandon his campaign in favour of Rabiu Kwankwaso. At a Wednesday press conference in Abuja, Alkali made this statement.
6) The detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has been given permission by the Federal High Court of Abuja to request a mandamus order compelling the Department of State Services to give him unrestricted access to medical care. Through his legal team, which included Mike Ozekhome and Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Kanu claimed in the lawsuit with the file number FHC/ABJ/CS/ 2341/2022 that he needed an impartial medical examination to determine the state of his health.
Nigerian Newspapers:FG Fires Back at El-Rufai for Accusing Presidency of Working Against Tinubu’s Victory
7) The Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) Atiku Abubakar, who is running for president, claims that those calling for a further delay in the expiration of the new Naira notes have nefarious intentions. The former vice president supported the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) decision to operate a cashless economy, which he said in a statement he released in Abuja on Wednesday.
8) In lieu of the presidential election that would be conducted on February 25, 2023, Wike claims that the people of Rivers State already know which candidate he wants them to support. He emphasizes that those who were hoping he would publicly announce his choice would be disappointed During the Rivers PDP’s (PDP) campaign rally In Port Harcourt on Wednesday Wike made the speech.
Nigerian Newspapers –NewsOnline Nigeria
9) The presidency has responded to Transparency International’s (TI) corruption perception index, which showed that Nigeria took four steps backward in its fight against corruption. Wednesday, shortly after the Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House, Abuja, Minister of Information and Culture Lia Mohammed responded on behalf of the APC-led government.
10) The New Nigeria Peoples Party’s (NNPP) Rabiu Kwankwaso has warned Nigerians against electing politicians who play the ethnic card. At his discussion with the South West Development Stakeholders Forum in Ibadan, Oyo State, the NNPP presidential candidate spoke.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers, NewsOnline Nigeria