Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today April 14th, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers’ headlines for today?
1) Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello has unveiled his preferred successor, but it is not his steadfast ally Edward Onoja, who served as Chief of Staff before being appointed Deputy Governor following Simon Achuba’s impeachment in 2019. Ahmed Usman-Ododo, the state’s auditor general, was named by Bello as his preferred replacement.Read More
2) On Thursday, the leadership of the Nigerian Police Force fired officers who had been working for the well-known APC singer Dauda Adamu Kahutu Rarara. The officers were fired, according to the force’s spokesman Olumuyiwa Adejobi, who made the announcement at Force Headquarters in Abuja.Read More
3) Despite the brain drain in the medical field, many qualified doctors in Nigeria are still unemployed, according to Dr. Uche Rowland Ojinmah, President of the Nigerian Medical Association. He revealed this while discussing the exodus of Nigerian medical professionals who left the country in search of better opportunities abroad.
4) In the supplementary elections on Saturday, political parties such as the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party will compete for 93 seats in the federal and state legislatures. On the same day, additional governorship elections will take place in the states of Adamawa and Kebbi.
5) According to a proposal made by the Central Bank of Nigeria, banks should transfer money from accounts that have been inactive for up to 10 years into a trust fund account. This is stated in the recently released exposure draught of the Nigerian banks’ and other financial institutions’ management of dormant accounts, unclaimed balances, and other financial assets.
6) On Wednesday, gunmen believed to be members of a cult invaded the Ubeta community in the Ahoada West Local Government Area of Rivers State. Three people were killed and two others were kidnapped. In what seemed to be retaliation, the gunmen reportedly ransacked the neighbourhood.
7) Mr. Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s (LP) candidate for president, claimed yesterday that the British government has not apologised for his unjustifiable detention at London’s Heathrow Airport last week.Read More
8) Yesterday, President-elect Bola Tinubu referred to former Vice President and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate Atiku Abubakar as a serial loser and an unstable politician who was unable to have won the election in the ongoing verbal battle between the two.
9) Following an attack by alleged terrorists, no fewer than eight people have been killed in Kaduna State’s Atak’Njei Community in Zango Kataf Local Government Area (LGA). This occurred as Operation Whirl Punch troops yesterday successfully stopped a sizable cache of weapons and ammunition in the state.
10) Due to the socioeconomic effects on businesses and everyday Nigerians, the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, or NUPENG, has cautioned the Federal Government against considering eliminating the subsidy on petrol without first developing local refining capacity.
Breaking news in Nigeria today :You lack jurisdiction to enforce US Court order of $460,000 forfeiture against me — Tinubu Tells Tribunal
Nigerian Newspapers:Transmission from polling unit using BVAS is mandatory – Udemezue Esq
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria.