Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today February 17, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers headlines today saying?
Court stops PDP from expelling Ortom
A High court in Benue State’s capital, Makurdi, has issued a temporary restraining order prohibiting the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), its National Working Committee (NWC), National Executive Committee (NEC), or its national officers (elected or appointed) from expelling Governor Samuel Ortom from the party.
Yesterday, Justice A. I. Itoyonyiman issued the order in response to a lawsuit filed on Wednesday.
1) Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State dared President Muhammadu Buhari on the redesigned naira policy yesterday, stating that the old notes are still legal tender in the state. El-Rufai stated in a national address on Thursday evening that the notes remain legal tender until the Supreme Court of Nigeria rules otherwise.Read More
2) Godwin Emefiele, the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has urged Nigerians to allow the redesigned naira to take effect. In an interview with State House Correspondents following a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential villa in Abuja, he stated the following.
Nigerian Newspapers:New naira notes: Buhari not interested in what is going on at the Supreme Court, has overruled Supreme Court ruling — Ubani
3) The Governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, has stated that the Naira notes redesign policy introduced by the government of President Muhammadu Buhari is not a plot against any presidential ambition, but rather aimed at stifling democracy. He charged that Buhari would work against the party in the upcoming election.
4) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), met with another governor elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, yesterday, twenty-four hours after meeting with Governor Nyesom Wike at the Rivers State Government house.
Newsonline Nigeria:Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 Things You Need to Know Today, Thursday, February 16, 2023
5) The United States and the Federal Government have signed an agreement for the repatriation of $954,000 stolen by former Bayelsa State Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha. Thursday afternoon in Abuja, US Ambassador to Nigeria Mary Beth Leonard announced the development to the press.Read More
6) Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State ruled out a last-minute deal between the G5 he leads and Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar, yesterday. In a press conference on Thursday morning, Wike ruled out further talks with the PDP leadership.Read More
Nigerian Newspapers:Godwin Emefiele Gives New Directive To 15 Bank Executives Over Old Naira Notes
7) The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to compel leaders of his party, the All Progressives Congress, APC, to release billions of naira they have amassed for vote buying in order to alleviate the suffering of Nigerians due to the current cash shortage. Debo Ologunagba, the PDP’s National Secretary for Publicity, made the appeal in a statement issued in Abuja on Thursday.
8) Usman Alkali Baba, the Inspector-General of Police, stated that the Nigerian government does not take lightly the threat made by one Simon Ekpa, who claims to be a member of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, that there will be no elections in the South-east.
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
9) President Muhammadu Buhari has instructed the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, to intensify collaboration with anti-corruption agencies in order to monitor the activities of those determined to sabotage the currency redesign policy. He requested that the central bank ensure the arrest and prosecution of those conspiring to undermine the policy.Read More
10) Bola Tinubu, the presidential nominee of the All Progressives Congress, APC, stated that none of his rivals in the 2023 presidential election can match his track record. He also mentioned that during his time as governor, he established “a legacy of technocratic governance by recruiting private sector talent.”
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria