Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today February 24, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers headlines today saying?
No plan to shut down networks – NCC
The Nigeria Communications Commission, NCC, has rebuffed the proposed shutdown of all telecom networks and relevant ICT Units, including the online transfer facilities of the banks, as of February 23, 2023.
In a statement, the Commission characterized the report as containing malicious and subversive messages created and disseminated by fraudsters and unscrupulous elements of society with the intention of causing chaos and panic among the populace.
It advised the Nigerian public, consumers of telecommunications services, and all bank customers to disregard these and similar messages alleging a deliberate network shutdown or disruption of services in the Nigerian telecom network.
1) As a preventative measure against violence during Saturday’s election, the military, police, and Department of State Services have launched massive raids on the hideouts of criminals. As part of the crackdown, 63 alleged thugs were arrested in Kano on Thursday, following an attack on New Nigeria Peoples Party supporters by thugs.
2) Simon Ekpa, the self-proclaimed leader of the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), allegedly began a live broadcast on his Twitter account with over 70,000 followers hours after his arrest in Finland. It was determined that the broadcast had been pre-recorded because it contained a different date.
Nigerian Newspapers:BREAKING: Finnish police release Ekpa hours after grilling
3) on Thursday, the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Usman Baba, ordered a special deployment in the air, on land, and on water in Lagos for Saturday’s presidential and National Assembly elections, in collaboration with other security agencies.
4) The Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, stated on Thursday that the security agencies will determine the fate of governors and other individuals being investigated for alleged treasonous statements regarding the naira redesign policy.
Newsonline Nigeria:Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 Things You Need to Know Today, Thursday, February 23, 2023
5) Dr. Umar Mustafa Muqaddas, the Labour Party’s governorship candidate in Adamawa State, has defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC). Muqaddas, who announced his defection at a Thursday press conference in Yola, the state capital, urged his supporters to vote for the APC on Saturday.
6) According to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), eligible registrants have collected a total of 87,209,007 permanent voter cards (PVCs) for this year’s general elections. INEC Chairman Prof. Mahmood Yakubu disclosed this yesterday in Abuja.
Nigerian Newspapers:Gunmen Attack Community, Kidnap Prominent Traditional Ruler’s Wife
7) General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the 82nd Division of the Nigerian Army, Major General Aminu Chinade, has assured residents of the South-East of adequate security before, during, and after the general election. Chinade warned troublemakers to avoid the area because the Nigerian Army was “extremely prepared and motivated to give them a bloody nose.”
8) Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), raised the alarm yesterday about plans by All Progressives Congress (APC) elements to incite violence in certain states. According to him, the objective of the plot is to compel the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to delay Saturday’s election.
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
9) President Muhammadu Buhari arrived in Katsina State in preparation for the Presidential and National Assembly elections on Saturday. On Thursday precisely at 4:40 p.m., Buhari’s aircraft landed at the Umaru Musa Yar’ Adua Airport in Katsina.
10) National Drug Law Enforcement Agency agents raided the Ujiogba Forest Reserve in the Esan West Local Government Area of Edo State and destroyed 7,286 kilograms of skunk stored in warehouses and five hectares of its plantation. Thursday, the agency’s Head of Media and Advocacy, Femi Babafemi, released a statement revealing this information.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria