Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers todayApril 1st, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers’ headlines for today?
The following is a summary of today’s Nigerian Newspapers:
1) On Friday, members of the Muslim community in Ile-Ife, Osun State, staged a demonstration in response to the alleged invasion of a mosque in the Ilare region by Oro adherents. The protesters asserted that on Thursday, traditionalists entered the mosque, where Muslims had gathered to observe the 4 p.m. prayers, and assaulted those they discovered inside.
2) Ayodele Fayose, a former governor of Ekiti State, has asked the Peoples Democratic Party to apologise for suspending him. He described his suspension as “libellous and slanderous” in an attempt to tarnish his reputation.
3) On Friday, the Edo State chapter of the Labour Party announced that the party’s National Chairman, Julius Abure, has been suspended due to allegations of corruption and other infractions. Abure’s suspension was announced at a press conference in Abuja, where the aggrieved party officials revealed that the sanction was the result of a group decision. However, the national headquarters of the party has rejected the suspension.Read More
4) Friday marked the end of the controversy surrounding Chief Timipre Sylva’s rumoured resignation as Minister of State for Petroleum Resources. His resignation was confirmed by the Presidency. Bashir Ahmad, special assistant to the president for digital communications, revealed this via his verified Twitter account. According to him, Sylva resigned to pursue his desire to become governor.
5) Tonye Cole, the candidate for governor of the All Progressives Congress in Rivers State, has expressed concern over the refusal of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to comply with the court order directing it to release the Certified True Copies of documents used in the governorship elections to the party. He stated that the behaviour was suspicious.
6) Yesterday, the Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority (ECTDA) sealed off the BON Platinum Hotel’s hall in Enugu’s Independence Layout. The venue was where the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, issued certificates to Governor-elect Peter Mbah, deputy Governor-elect Ifeanyi Ossai, and members-elect of the House of Assembly.
7) Fredrick Nwajagu, the Eze Igbo of Ajao Estate in Lagos, has vowed to invite members of the banned Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) to Lagos in order to protect Igbo properties in the state. In a Friday Twitter post, @DeeOneAyekooto shared a 49-second video of Nwajagu stating that the move was necessitated by attacks on Igbo people in the state.
8) Two Chinese nationals, Meng Wei Kun and Xu Kuai, were sentenced to three years in prison for corruption by the Sokoto Division of the Court of Appeal. It was learned that the convicts had been arraigned before the Federal High Court sitting in Sokoto on three counts of conspiracy, money laundering, and attempted bribery.
9) Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has informed Abba Kabir Yusuf, also known as Abba Gida-Gida, that he remains in charge. In response to an earlier public warning issued by Yusuf, the governor stated this. The incoming governor requested that individuals refrain from entering public buildings and refrain from constructing anything on government land, schools, and other public locations.
10) In Otukpo Local Government areas of Benue state, three people have been killed and a number of homes have been destroyed as a result of the ongoing electricity supply crisis. On Friday, Lt. Col. Paul Hemba, Special Adviser to Governor Samuel Ortom on Security Matters, confirmed this to Newsmen.
Breaking news in Nigeria today :Happy April Fool’s Day : Significance, History and why it is celebrated
Nigerian Newspapers:Happy New Month Of April Messages, Wishes & Prayers For All (100 Tips)
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria.