Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today April 8th, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers’ headlines for today?
1) Prof. Wole Soyinka, a playwright, has described Obidients as some of the most revolting and repulsive political concoctions he has ever encountered. Obidients are supporters of Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi, who ran in the presidential election on February 25. On Friday, the elder statesman issued a statement.
2) Tomi Arayomi, founder of the RIG Nation and Pioneer Church in the United Kingdom, and his wife Tema were arrested and detained by Department of State Services agents at Murtala Muhammad International Airport on Friday. Arayomi was arrested for allegedly making “prophecies deemed to be inciting,” according to reliable sources. Read More
3) The 36 state chairmen of the Labour Party have stated that the current leadership crisis is not about the embattled National Chairman, Julius Abure, but rather a plot to prevent its presidential candidate, Peter Obi, from winning at the presidential election tribunal. Read More
4) At least 100 people have been abducted from farmland in the states of Zamfara and Katsina by bandits. It was learned that the armed gang attacked Wanzamai, a border town between Zamfara and Katsina.
5) After a three-day crusade, residents of Aponrin in the Agbowo neighbourhood of Ibadan are on the trail of a pastor who allegedly fled with 52 android and iphone devices, money, and other valuables. The pastor allegedly told his victims that he was led by God to travel from Gambia to Ibadan for the crusade. Read More
6) Professor Onje Gye-Wado, the former Deputy Governor of Nasarawa State, has been kidnapped. It was reported that he was abducted by gunmen who stormed his community, Gwagi, in the Wamba Local Government Area of the state. Read More
7) The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has estimated that the cost of hajj for each intending pilgrim in 2023 will be N2.89m. Zikrullah Hassan, chairman of NAHCON, disclosed the increase on Friday, attributing it to inflation in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia.
8) The Igbo Lawyers Association (ILA) has condemned allegations by the federal government that Mr. Peter Obi, Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate in the February 25 elections, has committed a treasonable act by demanding justice for being cheated of victory. The group announced that it will convene an emergency meeting to discuss the issue.
9) On Thursday, an unidentified Assistant Superintendent of Police was shot and killed along Ikorodu-Ijebu-Ode Road in Imota, Ikorodu, Lagos State. After committing the crime, the suspects reportedly fled with two rifles, while the deceased officer’s colleagues fled for safety.
10) On Thursday, a suspected kidnapper was killed in a gun battle with police officers in the Ikorodu neighbourhood of Lagos State. During the gunfight, the police rescued two kidnapped victims who had been abandoned by their captors at their hideouts.
Breaking news in Nigeria today :Bandits in fresh attack, abduct 80 children in Zamfara
Nigerian Newspapers: Delta govt deports Anambra woman beggar in Asaba
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria