Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 Things You Need to Know Today, Thursday, March 30, 2023
Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today March 29th, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers’ headlines for today?
The following is a summary of today’s Nigerian Newspapers:
1) On Wednesday, President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu stated that he will not disappoint Nigerians once he assumes office. Tinubu stated that he could not afford to squander his mandate as the nation’s next president because he had spent his entire life working towards this goal.
2) The Department of State Services have stated that key political actors in Nigeria are conspiring to install an Interim Government (DSS). President-elect Bola Tinubu is scheduled to be inaugurated on May 29; however, Dr. Peter Afunanya, DSS spokesman, stated in a statement on Wednesday that some individuals have considered various options, including imposing an interim government after obtaining frivolous court injunctions.
3) Prof. Nnenna Oti, the Returning Officer for the governorship election in Abia State, has admitted that she was offered a bribe to rig the election. Vice Chancellor Oti, speaking while being welcomed by the faculty and students of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, stated that prior to the official announcement of the election results, she was promised a substantial monetary incentive to subvert the will of the Abia people.
4) The United States has increased certain non-immigrant visa (NIV) application processing fees. The price hikes, which were published in the Federal Register on March 28, 2023, will go into effect on May 30, 2023.
5) Nasir Yusuf Gawuna, the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate for governor in Kano State, has congratulated his New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) opponent in the election, Abba Kabir Yusuf (popularly known as Abba Gida-Gida). Gawuna and his party had challenged the Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) declaration that Yusuf had been elected governor.
6) Yesterday, Kano State Governor-elect Abba Kabir Yusuf of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) stated that his wives and children will play no role in the state’s governance when he assumes office in May.
7) The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) attributes the increase in cancer and organ failure to Nigerians’ increased use of bleaching creams. According to the agency, a national cosmetics safety policy will be released soon.
8) Yesterday, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) presented certificates of return to the newly elected governors of Kano State, Kano, Oyo, Benue, Ebonyi, and Nasarawa, as well as their deputies and members of the House of Assembly.
The colourful ceremonies were held across the nation with strict security.
9) The National Emergency Management Agency has confirmed receiving 151 returnees from Libya at the cargo wing of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Ikeja, Lagos State. In a statement issued on Wednesday, the Coordinator of the Lagos Territorial Office of NEMA, Ibrahim Farinloye, confirmed that 88 women and 63 men are among the distressed returnees.
10) The Labour Party has expressed confidence that Nigerians will not be intimidated into giving up their legitimate, legal right to seek judicial redress to reclaim their mandate, which was freely given to the LP Presidential Candidate Peter Obi but was allegedly brazenly stolen. Yesterday in Abuja, the Chief Spokesperson of the Labour Party, Dr. Yunusa Tanko, issued the following statement in response to an alert issued by the Department of State Services.
Breaking news in Nigeria today :China Rejects Nigeria’s $22Billion Loan Request
Nigerian Newspapers: Happy New Month Of April Messages, Wishes & Prayers For All (100 Tips)
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
Our Sources: Punch Newspapers , Vanguard Newspapers , Premium Times, The Guardian Nigeria, Leadership Newspapers, Channels Television,. Daily Trust NewsPaper Today ,This Day Newspaper.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria.