Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 15 Things You Need to Know Today, Friday, March 10, 2023
Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today March 10th, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers headlines today saying?.
1) The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency and the Nigerian Railway Corporation have blamed the driver of a Lagos State Government staff bus for a fatal train accident that occurred in the PWD area of the state on Thursday, killing six people and injuring 96.
2) After the train accident on Thursday morning, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State suspended his campaign activities for the March 18 governorship election. A train belonging to the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) collided with a BRT passenger bus carrying state civil servants to work, resulting in the death of a number of individuals and the severe injury of dozens more.
3) On Thursday, the Federal High Court in Abuja ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to permit the use of Temporary Voter Cards (PVC) in the March 18 governorship and state legislative elections. Justice Obiora Egwuatu issued the order while rendering a verdict in a case brought by two disgruntled Nigerians.
4) There are indications that Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), is about to relieve one of his most senior attorneys of his duties for failing to handle his case professionally. According to reports, the leader of IPOB was angry with the aforementioned senior attorney, whom he accused of being unable to secure his release from custody since his incarceration for what he described as having committed no crime.
5) On Thursday, the Defence Headquarters announced that 1,332 terrorists and their family members have surrendered to Operation Hadin Kai troops in the North East over the past two weeks. The Director of Defence Media Operations, Major-General Musa Danmadami, disclosed the information during the twice-weekly news briefing in Abuja on the activities of the armed forces.
Nigerian Newspapers : INEC Reacts to Court Judgement Granting Usage of Temporary Voter Cards for Election, Reveals Next Move
6) The widespread rejection of the old N500 and N1,000 notes that persisted yesterday was exacerbated by banks’ refusal to accept deposits of the notes without registration on the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Cash Return Portal, CRP. Investigations indicate that banks cannot accept customer deposits of old currency until the CBN suspends or eliminates CRP registration of old currency deposits.
7) The Presidency yesterday ruled out annulment of the February 25 presidential and National Assembly elections, which were allegedly marred by irregularities, stating that it will not allow a repeat of the events of June 12, 1993. Therefore, it advised any candidate or political party dissatisfied with the conduct and results of the election to seek redress in court.
Nigerian Newspapers: APC suffers setback as influential SAN, Akubo rejects appointment to be part of Tinubu’s legal team
8) The Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria has advised newly-admitted foreign-trained doctors to consider practicing medicine in the country, as opposed to seeking greener pastures abroad. Given the discrimination they face in the workplace, according to the MDCN, a significant number of doctors who emigrated to other countries regret their decision.
9) On Thursday, the Ondo State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps arraigned a man, Samuel Oni, for allegedly defrauding a sex worker, Blessing Olaitan, of N120,000 through a fake alert.
10) Gerald Irona, the state’s former deputy governor, has been remanded to prison custody by a court in Owerri, Imo State. Irona served as the state’s deputy governor from May 29, 2019 to January 14, 2020, while Emeka Ihedioha was governor.
Nigerian Newspapers: NDLEA Recruitment Portal 2023: Application form is now available for free
11) US varsity speaks on certificate forgery allegation against Rhodes-Vivour
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has confirmed that Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, the Labour Party’s (LP) candidate for governor of Lagos State, attended the institution.The institution’s administration informed Ejes Gist News Nigeria on Thursday that Mr. Rhodes-Vivour earned a master’s degree in architecture after attending between 2005 and 2008.
12) APC welfare officer dies in Abuja
Friday Nwosu, the All Progressives Congress’ National Welfare Officer and a member of its National Working Committee, has reportedly passed away. Nwosu, a party leader, once ran for governor of Abia State on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party before defecting to the ruling APC.
13) Troops stopped terrorists from disrupting presidential poll –DHQ
Troops conducting operations in Kogi and Borno states foiled terrorist and political thug plots to disrupt the 25 February presidential and National Assembly elections in the states, according to the Defence Headquarters. According to the military high command, terrorists had planned to attack locations in Borno’s Kauwa, Gamboru, and Monguno, and troops conducted an airstrike in response to an intelligence report.
Nigerian Newspapers: BREAKING: Wike begins Second Phase of war, Vows To Chase Atiku, Ayu, Others from PDP
14) NLC strike throws Owerri, environs into darkness
The Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, declared a statewide strike in Imo State to protest unpaid wages and worker violations, among other things. The strike has left Owerri, the state capital, and other parts of the state in the dark. However, the Imo State government characterized NLC’s action as a deliberate and calculated attempt to disrupt the state’s administration.
15) FCT Monarch Slumps, Dies In Palace
The traditional ruler of Yaba in the Abaji area council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Alhaji Abdullahi Adamu, has passed away. On Thursday night, a member of the deceased monarch’s family, Shuaibu Abdullahi, confirmed the monarch’s death to our reporter. According to him, the late Etsu of the Yaba chiefdom died in his palace while on his way to observe Magrib prayers.
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
Our Sources: Punch Newspapers , Vanguard Newspapers , Premium Times, The Guardian Nigeria, Leadership Newspapers, Channels Television,. Daily Trust NewsPaper Today ,This Day Newspaper.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria.