Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today March 11th, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers headlines today saying?.
1) There are indications that some state governments intend to initiate contempt proceedings against the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, and the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, for refusing to implement the Supreme Court’s ruling on the Federal Government’s naira redesign policy.
2) Salihu Mohammed Lukman, the National Vice Chairman (North-West) of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has asked the party’s national chairman, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, to resign so that a Christian from the North-Central can take over. Lukman argued in a statement released on Friday that it is inappropriate for the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, the Vice President-elect, Kashim Shettima, and Adamu to be Muslims while Christians have no stake in the election. Read More
3) Ope Babalola, age 13, allegedly shot and killed three-year-old Esther Samuel in the state of Ogun. According to reports, the teenager fatally shot the minor with a dane gun belonging to one Semiu Adegesin. The incident occurred in the village of Kukudi in Imasayi, Yewa North Local Government Area of the state.
4) According to the National Population Commission (NPC), the postponement of the 2023 gubernatorial and state House of Assembly elections will impact the 2023 Housing and Population Census. According to commission sources, the exercise will now take place between 3 and 7 May.
5) Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, the Labour Party (LP) candidate for governor of Lagos State, has stated that if elected in the March 18 election, his administration will increase capacity and localize solutions to the state’s problems. During a speech at the Youth O’clock breakfast meeting organized by the “Obidient Movement” in Ikeja GRA, Lagos, he provided this assurance.
Nigerian Newspapers : Wike in trouble as Rivers Obidients dump his guber candidate, reaffirm support for Labour Party governorship candidate
6) Boko Haram fighters in the Ngala Local Government Area of Borno State shot and killed at least 35 fishermen who were on a fishing expedition. Residents and families of the deceased expressed devastation over the attack and demanded increased security in the area to protect them from future terrorist attacks.
7) The Abuja Federal High Court has ruled that only the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has the legal authority to determine how election results are compiled and transmitted. In a judgment, Justice Emeka Nwite ruled that only INEC has the authority to dictate how the Polling Unit Presiding Officer should transfer election results, including the total number of accredited voters and ballot results.
8) On Friday, the Supreme Court upheld Senator Rufa’i Hanga’s nomination as the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) candidate for the February 25 National Assembly election. In a unanimous ruling on Friday, a five-member panel of the apex court led by Justice Inyang Okoro faulted the electoral body’s refusal to replace Senator Ibrahim Shekarau with Hanga after he defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) prior to the election. Read More
9) Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has warned Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) officials against defaming his character in the media or risk being sued for libel. Mr. Rotimi Oyekanmi, Chief Press Secretary to the INEC Chairman, stated this in response to the PDP’s call for Prof. Yakubu to resign for his handling of the Presidential and National Assembly Elections.
10) The Governor of Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Wike, explained yesterday that the Labour Party’s Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi, left the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the LP due to moves by some PDP politicians to keep power in the north. Wike, who stated that he is pleased that power has shifted to the south, insisted that he never worked against Obi in the presidential election of 25 February 2023.
Nigerian Newspapers: Tunisia U-20 vs Nigeria U-20: Flying Eagles win bronze. See 4 key takeaways
11) UN condemns killing of civilians in Borno
The United Nations has condemned the killing of over thirty civilians in Gamboru Ngala Local Government, Borno, by terrorists suspected of belonging to the Islamic State of West Africa (ISWAP). The majority of the civilians were fishermen.
12) Ogun Labour Party denies endorsing Gov Abiodun for second term
On Friday, the Labour Party, LP, in Ogun State responded to the news that the party’s Executives in the state have endorsed Governor Dapo Abiodun for a second term in office. The party characterized the endorsement as dubious, abhorrent, and regrettable.
13) Protest Rocks Bayelsa Over Continued Rejection of Old notes
Residents of the Akenfa community in the Yenagoa Local Government Area of Bayelsa State took to the streets on Friday to protest the continued rejection of the old N500 and N1000 notes.
Nigerian Newspapers: 8 killed as gunman attack Jehovah Witness church
14) Naval officer in brawl, blows up nose of police cop in Delta
According to reports, Navy personnel in Effurun, Delta State, stormed the Enerhen Police Divisional Headquarters in the Uvwie Local Government Area of the state, severely beating a police sergeant named Kingsley. According to reports, the naval personnel is a newly commissioned officer assigned to the Nigeria Navy Ship (NNS Delta) in Warri.
15) Bandits kill pastor’s son, kidnap wife, three others in Kaduna
In the early hours of Friday morning, bandits attacked the home of a pastor in the Karimbu-Kahugu neighborhood of the Lere local government area of Kaduna state. During the attack, the thugs reportedly murdered his son, kidnapped his wife, and took three others hostage.
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria.