Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 15 Things You Need to Know Today, Thursday, March 9, 2023
Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today March 9th, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers headlines today saying?.
1. The Independent National Electoral Commission has postponed elections for governorship and State Assemblies originally scheduled for this Saturday, March 11 to March 18. The commission made the decision at a management meeting held in Abuja on Wednesday evening. Read More
2) On Wednesday, the Federal High Court in Lagos ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to directly and electronically upload the results of the upcoming governorship and state House of Assembly elections in Lagos State from the polling units to the IReV.
3) The Court of Appeal in Abuja granted the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) permission to reconfigure the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) for the February 25 presidential election yesterday. The development enabled the commission to conduct elections for governor and state assembly. Read More
4) The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) issued certificates of return to House of Representatives election winners on February 25. INEC chairman Mahmood Yakubu presented the certificates to the newly elected members at Abuja’s national collation centre.
5) The national leadership of Accord Party has dissolved the party’s executive council in Oyo State for endorsing Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Governor Seyi Makinde for a second term. The letter disbanding the state executive council was signed by Muhammad Nalado, the national chairman of the party.
Nigerian Newspapers : JUST IN: Police arraign Prominent federal lawmaker for Money laundering
6) The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) announced yesterday that there was no winner in the Doguwa and Tudunwada Federal Constituency National Assembly Election held on February 25. Initially, Alhassan Doguwa, the majority leader of the House of Representatives, who ran on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), was declared the winner. Read More
7) The 9 Brigade of the Nigerian Army recovered 1,671 Permanent Voter Cards, PVCs, in an apartment in the Olodi-Apapa neighborhood of Lagos State yesterday. Subsequently, three arrests were made in the apartment, while the prime suspect was believed to be on the run.
Nigerian Newspapers: NBA Sends Strong Message to INEC
8) Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has approved the appointment of Justice Dije Abdu Aboki as the state’s acting Chief Judge. In a statement released by his Commissioner of Information and Internal Affairs, Muhammad Garba, the Governor explained that the appointment of Justice Aboki followed the retirement of former Chief Judge Nura Sagir.
9) A woman who was six months pregnant and five others were allegedly killed by terrorists who infiltrated the Agwa community in the Rafi Local Government Area of Niger State. In addition to firing randomly throughout the community, the terrorists abducted fifty individuals to an unknown location.
10) On Tuesday, arsonists in the Okigwe Local Government Area of Imo State torched the country home of the Peoples Democratic Party candidate for the State House of Assembly, Ifeanyi Ozoemena. During the attack at approximately 2:00 p.m., the gunmen reportedly torched the residence of Ozoemena’s father. Read More
Nigerian Newspapers: Tinubu did intelligent rigging, while Peter Obi rigged the entire South-East without conscience — Reno Omokri
11) N’Assembly female membership drops as 11 lose re-election
In the upcoming 10th National Assembly, there will be three fewer female representatives than in the current 9th National Assembly. All current female senators lost their reelection bids in the most recent election, and only three women were elected to the chamber for the next Assembly.
12) I’m still PDP senatorial candidate for Enugu East –Nnamani
Chimaroke Nnamani, the former governor of Enugu State, has described his expulsion from the Peoples Democratic Party as a ruse, claiming that he has been cleared by the Independent National Electoral Commission to run in the National Assembly election rescheduled for this Saturday in the Enugu East Senatorial District.
13) Court grants Tinubu access to presidential poll materials
Wednesday, the court of appeal ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to grant Bola Tinubu access to materials used in the February 25 presidential election.
Nigerian Newspapers: Accept defeat – Peter Obi, Atiku told not to waste their resources on legal tussle
14) UK gets new High Commissioner to Nigeria
Richard Hugh Montgomery has been appointed by the British government as its new high commissioner to Nigeria. He succeeds Catriona Laing, who has served as the country’s high commissioner since 2018.
15) Kidnapped Women affairs Commissioner rescued days after in Calabar
Prof. Gertrude Njar, the Cross River state commissioner for women’s affairs, was rescued in Calabar by troops of the 13 Brigade engaged in Operation Akpakwu.
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
Our Sources: Punch Newspapers , Vanguard Newspapers , Premium Times, The Guardian Nigeria, Leadership Newspapers, Channels Television,. Daily Trust NewsPaper Today ,This Day Newspaper.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria.