Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today March 8th, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers headlines today saying?.
1. On Tuesday, motorists, fuel stations, retailers, traders, and other types of bank customers rejected the old N500 and N1,000 notes, thwarting a new initiative by some Deposit Money Banks to re-circulate them. This occurred a day after some commercial banks began distributing the controversial N500 and N1,000 notes.
2) The shortage of Premium Motor Spirit, also known as fuel, in Abuja and other northern states may continue until after Saturday’s gubernatorial elections, according to oil marketers on Tuesday. On Monday, severe Fuel shortages emerged in Abuja, Nasarawa, Niger, and other Northern states, as tens of thousands of motorists besieged the few gas stations that sold the product.
3) Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s presidential candidate, received Ireti Kingibe, the second female Senator-elect of the Federal Capital Territory elected under the party’s banner, yesterday. Obi stated that he, the Labour Party, the Obidient family, and his running mate, Datti Baba-Ahmed, were pleased that the newly-elected senator would represent the party in the FCT.
4) The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has stated that the information contained in the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System used for the February 25 presidential election is accurate. On Tuesday at the Court of Appeal in Abuja, the lead counsel for the electoral commission, Tanimu Inuwa, gave the assurance while opposing an application filed by the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, on BVAS used in the presidential election.
5) Governors who are members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) met with the party’s national chairman, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, last night in advance of this Saturday’s elections for governorship and state houses of assembly. The meeting was held at the national headquarters of the party in Abuja.
Nigerian Newspapers :Why I’m Not Happy On My 76th Birthday – Nollywood Legend, Pete Edochie Declares (Video)
6) Alhassan Ado Doguwa, the embattled leader of the House of Representatives, has been removed from the list of election winners by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). He was declared the winner of the February 25 election in the Doguwa/Tudunwada constituency by the electoral body.
7) Several communities in the Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State have been attacked by suspected herders, resulting in numerous deaths. According to witnesses, many people were still missing.
Nigerian Newspapers:BREAKING: Nollywood actor, Fadeyi Oloro is dead
8) Tuesday, the Imo State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, disclosed that results of the presidential and National Assembly elections were allegedly fabricated in approximately eight local government areas in Imo state. Collins Opurozor, the state’s Publicity Secretary, delivered this information to Owerri-based journalists on behalf of the PDP.
9) Today, the Court of Appeal will rule on the Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) application for permission to reconfigure the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) for the governorship election.
10) The Lagos State Police Command has charged Okechukwu Chukwunahi with ‘trial by ordeal’ after tenants reported he took their names to a shrine following a misunderstanding at their state residence. The 44-year-old defendant, Chukwunahi, was arraigned before an Ojo Magistrate’s Court in the state on two counts of conspiracy and trial by ordeal.
Nigerian Newspapers:FULL LIST: INEC releases names of 109 senators-elect
11. Lagos Releases Impounded Vehicles Free Of Charge
In an effort to mitigate the effects of the cash shortage, the Lagos State Government has begun releasing impounded vehicles to their owners free of charge. Although this comes a few days before the governorship election, the government says it is part of the palliatives the state government implemented three weeks ago in response to the naira redesign policy, which led to a shortage of naira notes.
12 Police Bar Voters From Taking Dogs To Polling Units
The Nigeria Police Force has warned Nigerians against bringing dogs and other pets to polling stations during Saturday’s elections for governor and state legislature. Based on the attacks on voters in certain regions of the country during last month’s elections, some individuals stated they would bring their dogs to the polls on Saturday.
13) Ganduje Pardons 12 Inmates Sentenced To Death
Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, the governor of Kano State, has pardoned twelve death row inmates and commuted the death sentences of six others to life imprisonment.
Nigerian Newspapers:Full Details: Festus Keyamo Removed from Team of lawyers Defending Tinubu’s Mandate
14) Katsina PDP: Faction Drags Guber Candidate, Others To Court Over ‘N1.05bn Election Funds’
A faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Katsina State has dragged the party’s governorship candidate, Yakubu Lado Danmarke, and ten others before a Katsina High Court over alleged N1.05bn election logistics funds. The allegations were made just four days before the governorship and state assembly elections.
15) Over 200 Cyberattacks Blocked During Feb 25 Elections
The Galaxy Backbone Limited disclosed on Tuesday that over 200 cyberattacks were thwarted during the presidential and National Assembly elections on February 25.
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria.