Very good morning to you and welcome to curated top Headlines from Nigerian Newspapers today January 14, 2023.
What are the Nigerian Newspapers Saying?.
DPO Slumps, Dies In Office
SP Mojeed Salami, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of the Seme Police Division in Lagos State, passed away on Tuesday after collapsing in his workplace.
Although the precise cause of death was unknown, a police source who spoke with our correspondent yesterday claimed that the DPO had previously gone to a hospital after complaining of a minor headache.
1) As part of its frontier exploration services, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) will drill the first oil well in Nasarawa State in March 2023. This was said by Mallam Mele Kyari, the Group Chief Executive Officer of NNPC Ltd., as he welcomed the governor of Nasarawa State, Engr. Abdullahi Sule, and a high-ranking delegation to the company in Abuja.Read More
2) Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) presidential candidate, has returned from the UK. After visiting Dubai, Atiku traveled to the UK to meet with important government figures.
Nigerian Newspapers:BREAKING: Labour Party Chairman sacked, new leader emerges
3) Olusegun Obasanjo, a former president, claimed yesterday that he was “audacious enough” to win a third term if he desired one before leaving office in 2007. He insisted that he was not interested in the tenure extension for the upteenth time.
4) The chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, the presidential candidates for the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, and the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), Rabiu Kwankwaso, will all be in London the following week. At the Chatham House, they are anticipated to speak.
NewsOnline Nigeria:Nigerian Newspapers Today January 13, 2023 – NewsOnline Nigeria
5) The sale of registration materials for the UTME for 2023 will start today, barring any last-minute changes to the schedule. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) conducts the UTME every year as a means of evaluating applicants for admission to Nigerian tertiary institutions.Read More
6) In a landmark decision, the Supreme Court deposed Édidem Ekpo Okon Abasi-Otu V, the Obong of Calabar, and mandated that a new election be held to fill the vacancy. The Supreme Court upheld the Court of Appeal’s ruling regarding the in dispute stool in a decision that was written by Justice Amina Augie and was signed by all of the judges.Read More
Nigerian Newspapers:US Medical Center Appoints Daughter of Dora Akunyili as Chief Medical Officer
7) The Federal High Court’s Abuja division has rejected the opposition Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) lawsuit asking for Sen. Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress’ (APC) presidential candidate, and his running mate, Mr. Kassim Shettima, to be disqualified from running in the general elections of 2023.Read More
8) The governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello, announced on Friday that he and other APC members will gleefully accompany the party’s presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, to the Presidential Villa in Abuja on May 29. The presidential candidate of the APC was referred to as the president-in-waiting by Governor Bello.
Nigerian Newspapers –NewsOnline Nigeria
9) The Friday exchange rate for the naira at the Investors and Exporters window was 461.90 to the dollar. Comparing the amount to the 461.17 it traded on Thursday, it has decreased by 0.16 percent.
10) On Friday, a house fire in Zaria, Kaduna State, claimed the lives of a father, his wife, and their two children. Mohamned Sani, Raulatu, his wife, and their two children, Hashim and Fatima, were identified by Mohammed Umar, the Zaria Zone Commander of the Kaduna State Fire Service, who confirmed the incident to journalists.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers, NewsOnline Nigeria