Nigerian Newspapers, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, NewsOnline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to curated top Headlines from Nigerian Newspapers today January 16, 2023.
What are the Nigerian Newspapers Saying?.
Vehicle Crushes Commuters To Death On Abuja Highway
Eight people perished in a multi-vehicle accident that occurred at Nicon Junction on Nnamdi Azikiwe Road in Abuja.
Witnesses say the incident took place on Sunday at about 1:20 pm.
At the time this report was filed, the specifics were still hazy, but a witness, Israel Adegboyega, claimed it involved a Toyota, a Camry, and a Mazda.
1) As election campaigns heat up, some political parties have implemented specialized security measures to safeguard their officials and supporters. As they cannot rely solely on police protection, the Labour Party and the New Nigeria Peoples Party disclosed yesterday that they have taken additional security measures.
2) The trial of ASP Drambi Vandi, who is accused of killing Lagos-based lawyer Mrs. Omobolanle Raheem on Christmas Day, will get underway in a Lagos State High Court on Monday (today). Raheem was allegedly fatally shot by Vandi, a member of the Ajiwe Police Station in Ajah, Lagos State, as she was returning from an outing with her family.
Nigerian Newspapers:Pastor Enenche technically tells Nigerians not to vote for Tinubu or Atiku. See details
3) The Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor, has said that there is no chance of the military seizing control in Nigeria and that democracy is here to stay. In response to inquiries from journalist on Sunday at the National Arcade in Abuja, during the wreath-laying ceremony that served as the culmination of the Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration, the CDS made this statement.
4) Citadel Global Community Church Presiding Overseer Pastor Tunde Bakare stated that, effective politicians never ask others to respond to questions that are posed to them. Bakare noted that a new Nigeria is about to emerge in his state-of-the-nation address on Sunday.
NewsOnline Nigeria:Nigerian Newspapers Today January 14, 2023 – NewsOnline Nigeria
5) Around three in the morning on Sunday, bandits broke into Rev. Fr Isaac Achi’s home and killed him. According to reports, the attackers decided to set fire to the priest’s residence after discovering they couldn’t reach him due to enhanced security. Read More
6) On Sunday, gunmen who were allegedly bandits attacked the New Life for All Church in the Kankara Local Government Area of Katsina State and abducted over 25 worshipers. Rev. Ishaya Jurau, Governor Aminu Bello Masari’s Senior Special Assistant on Christian Affairs, confirmed the development.
Nigerian Newspapers:Abiodun Ayoyinka: I Am Very Much Alive – Papa Ajasco Cries Out (Video)
7) The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, office in Imo State was attacked by unidentified gunmen wreaking havoc in Southeast Africa, resulting in one fatality. It was learned that the about 20 gunmen drove a blue Lexus and an ash-colored Highlander, two SUVs, to carry out their operations. Read More
8) The governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, has praised President Muhammadu Buhari for his persistent efforts to put an end to the Boko Haram insurgents, bandits, and other terrorist organizations that are wreaking havoc across the nation. After the wreath-laying ceremony for the 2023 Armed Forces Remembrance Day celebration at Isaac Boro Park yesterday, he gave a speech at Government House in Port Harcourt.
Nigerian Newspapers –NewsOnline Nigeria
9) NDLEA agents broke up a tramadol cartel and seized millions of opioid pills and bottles worth more than N5 billion from a warehouse in the Amuwo Odofin neighborhood of Lagos State. Two alleged drug kingpins were detained by the agency, according to a statement released on Sunday by the director of media and advocacy, Femi Babafemi.
10) A fire destroyed the AA RANO fuel station, which was situated along the Abuja-Lokoja Expressway. The fire incident occurred while a fuel tanker was dumping the product at the station, according to DSP Josephine Adeh, a spokesperson for the Federal Capital Territory, FCT police command, who confirmed the incident on Sunday evening.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers, NewsOnline Nigeria