Nigerian Newspapers, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, NewsOnline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to curated top Headlines from Nigerian Newspapers today January 4, 2023.
What are the Nigerian Newspapers Saying?.
NAF Officers Crushed To Death At Kwara Checkpoint
In Kwara State, a trailer lost brake and rammed into two Nigerian Air Force (NAF) officers, crushing them to death.
Tension between members of the air force and the local population resulted from the incident, which happened near Pasa Bridge in Eyenkorin, about 200 metres from the NAF base.
1) Chief Edwin Clark, a former South-South leader and Federal Commissioner for Information, has explained why he endorsed Mr. Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s (LP) presidential candidate, in the upcoming election. According to Clark, he is supporting Obi because Nigeria’s next leader needs to be well-educated and experienced.
2) Bola Ahmad Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, responded to the debate over the Muslim-Muslim ticket in the upcoming election by insisting that Nigeria was founded on the principles of brotherhood and unity, regardless of culture or religion. He made this statement on Tuesday in Kano during a town hall meeting of Northwest Muslim leaders.
Nigerian Newspapers:‘As Long As Jesus Sits On The Throne, Tinubu Won’t Be President’– Femi Fani-Kayode’s 2019 Tweet Resurfaces Amid His Criticism Of Peter Obi
3) The endorsement of Peter Obi of the Labour Party for the 2023 presidential election by the former President Olusegun Obasanjo, according to Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike, raises concerns for the PDP’s future. On Tuesday, Wike made this statement at the official start of work on the Mgbuodohia Road in Rumuolumene, Obio-Akpor Local Government Area.
4) Two officers of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) were killed when a trailer in the state of Kwara lost control and struck them. The incident, which took place about 200 metres from the NAF base in Eyenkorin near Pasa Bridge, caused tension between air force personnel and the local population.
Nigerian Newspapers, NewsOnline Nigeria
5) The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has been urged to stop looters from recovering their loot in the ongoing auction of seized and forfeited assets by the House of Representatives Ad Hoc Committee on Assessment and Status of All Recovered Loot Movable and Immovable Assets from 2002 to 2020 by Agencies of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
6) This online newspaper has learned that the Federal Government failed to deposit the check-off dues it withheld from university lecturers’ November 2022 salaries into the account of the Academic Staff Union of Universities. The amount deducted from an employee’s pay in exchange for their membership in a union or other group that advocates for workers in a given sector is known as a check-off due.
Nigerian Newspapers:Wike ridicules Atiku over Obasanjo’s endorsement of Obi, use strong words
7) For students who miss their loan payments or for anyone found helping defaulters, the Students Loan Bill recently passed by the National Assembly recommended a two-year sentence, a fine of N500,000, or both. The National Assembly recently passed the Student Loan Bill, which has drawn heavy criticism, into law as part of efforts to address funding issues in the nation’s tertiary institutions of learning.
8) Tuesday, as millions of fans in Brazil and around the world mourned the sports icon, Pele was laid to rest in his final resting place. Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, the recently-elected president, paid tribute at Vila Belmiro, the venue where Pelé spent the majority of his playing days.
Nigerian Newspapers –NewsOnline Nigeria
9) Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, pledged on Tuesday to treat everyone fairly and justly if elected. At a town hall meeting with North-West Muslim leaders in Kano, Tinubu made the pledge.
10) The Federal High Court’s decision to disqualify 14 New Nigeria Peoples Party candidates for the House of Assembly in Rivers State was overturned on Tuesday by the Court of Appeal in Port Harcourt.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers, NewsOnline Nigeria