A Very good morning y’all and welcome to curated top Headlines on Nigerian Newspapers today November 16, 2022.
What Nigerian Newspapers are Saying?
1) The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, has commanded a swift restructuring of the security architecture on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway in order to provide for an adequate deployment of officers and assets to ensure the protection of lives and property along the expressway and prevent kidnappings and other obscene incidents.
2) on Tuesday, members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, or ASUU, staged a protest to voice their displeasure with the Federal Government’s use of the “no work, no pay” policy.
Nigerian Newspapers: I’v’e done my part; do better as Prof, Peter Obi replies Soludo
3) Following several weeks of planning, the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, officially launched its campaign in Jos, the capital of Plateau State, yesterday.
4) According to military officials, the Air Component of Operation Hadarin Daji, OPHD, carried out an airstrike last month that resulted in the confirmed deaths of wanted terrorist kingpins Halilu Buzu, Yellow Kano, Alhaji Gana, and others.
This online newspaper information gathered that the attack decimated a number of terrorists and destroyed their logistics hub in Zamfara State’s Maradun Local Government Area.
Nigerian Newspapers: BREAKING: Bola Tinubu Draws Battle-Line, Vows To Return Peter Obi To Anambra
5) On Tuesday, a few days after the floods from this year started to subside, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq, travelled to Bayelsa State.
Governor Douye Diri welcomed her on a courtesy call at the Government House in Yenagoa and noted that the minister’s visit was long delayed given the state’s flood calamity.
6) Foreign nations whose people were charged in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, with attempted oil theft have been offered consular access by the federal government.
The foreigners were on the MT Heroic Idun ship, which escaped capture and retreated to Equatorial Guinea before being apprehended later.
Nigerian Newspapers: Soludo’s son counters his dad, says Peter Obi is the best candidate
7) After his hand-picked candidates’ dismal midterm election performances damaged his hold on the party, Donald Trump announced his third bid for the White House on Tuesday night, laying the stage for a brutal Republican primary fight.
Trump formally began his presidential campaign in 2024 by submitting paperwork to the Federal Election Commission in which he declared himself a contender and set up a new campaign organisation.
8) The Federal Government will end petroleum subsidies by June 2023, according to Zainab Ahmed, Minister of Finance, Budget, and National Planning.
Ahmed made this statement on Tuesday in Abuja at a press conference to announce the 28th National Economic Summit is conclusion.
Nigerian Newspapers: Tinubu Jos rally: How Lagdo Lawmaker, Sobur Olawale Slumped and Died
9) Over 14,364 farmers were impacted by the flooding that recently wracked Kano State, claiming the lives of no less than 13 persons.
Saleh Jili, the executive secretary of the Kano State Emergency Management Agency, revealed this information to local journalists in Kano.
10) In Akure, the state’s capital, Mr. Bamidele Oloyelogun, the speaker of the Ondo State House of Assembly, has informed the court that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission lacks the authority to prosecute him for suspected corrupt activities.
The Speaker is accused of misappropriating N2.4 million that belonged to the state assembly, along with another lawmaker, Mr. Bankole Felemu-Gudu, and an assembly staffer, Mr. Olusegun Kayode.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers