A Very good morning y’all and welcome to curated top Headlines on Nigerian Newspapers today November 18, 2022.
What Nigerian Newspapers are Saying?
1) The Nigerian Armed Forces Resettlement Centre, NAFRC, in Oshodi, Lagos, has provided details of how Brig. Gen. Ogbole James, the center’s director of finance, tragically passed away on Monday night.
Less than two months after late James returned to work at NAFRC, the fatal tragedy happened.
2) Yesterday, Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) Ago-Iwoye Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) members marched to the streets to demand that the federal government pay their counterparts in federal universities’ withholding salaries.
Nigerian Newspapers: Chicago University Document Shows That The Original Tinubu Was Actually A Woman
3) Ijeboi Dennis and Obade Monday Christian were both charged by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Thursday before Justice Abubakar Baba Shani of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, Apo, Abuja.
4) The Peoples Democratic Party Presidential Campaign Council has expressed happiness that Nyesom Wike, the governor of Rivers State, and his four irate governors have remained devoted PDP members despite differences of opinion.
Nigerian Newspapers: BREAKING: Shettima Is Dead, President Reacts
5) Inuwa Sani, 23, was detained by the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Kano State Command, on suspicion of vandalism in the state’s Kano Municipal Local Government Area.
Idris Abdullahi, the NSCDC Kano Command’s public relations officer, confirmed the arrest in a statement on Thursday.
6) On Sunday, tragedy struck at the University of Lagos when Simon Adokwu, a 100-level student in the Department of Social Work, Faculty of Social Science, collapsed and passed away while playing football on the school’s grounds in Akoka, Lagos State.
Nigerian Newspapers: Atiku Speaks on G-5 Govs dumping PDP
7) The press secretary for the governor of Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, Christian Aburime, has stated that his principal stands by his remarks on Peter Obi, a former governor of the state and a candidate for the Labour Party presidency.
When reached, Eddy Megwa, the NYSC spokesman, merely instructed our correspondent to hold off until Friday in order to release an official statement. Read More
Nigerian Newspapers: Grammy nominations 2023: Full list of Grammy awards nominees as Beyonce leads race with 9
9) With heavily armed individuals breaking into the church’s grounds on Thursday night, the dispute between St. Martin of Tours Parish parishioners and concerned Ihiala residents has taken on a hazardous dimension.
Although their purpose could not be immediately determined, it was learned that two Reverend Fathers, one of whom was the parish priest of a new parish recently established by the Bishop of Nnewi Diocese, Most Reverend Jonas Benson Okoye, led the armed men believed to be members of the Anambra Vigilante Group into the church premises.
10) Following an explosion that shook the structure on Thursday, inhabitants and business owners of a storey building in Lagos State’s Ikotun neighbourhood were able to escape fatalities.
The building collapsed as a result of the explosion’s ferocity. At about 6.20 p.m., the event happened at 17, Obalabi Street, which is off Governor Road. There were neither injuries nor fatalities, though.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers