Nigerian Newspapers, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, NewsOnline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, TopNaija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
A Very good morning y’all and welcome to curated top Headlines on Nigerian Newspapers today November 19, 2022.
What Nigerian Newspapers are Saying?
1) Sani Tambuwal, the controversial Secretary of Finance and Accounts, has been named the interim Clerk of the National Assembly by the National Assembly Service Commission.
After Amos Ojo, the previous Clerk, was forced into retirement on Monday, Tambuwal was appointed.
2) No fewer than 20 individuals were paraded by Anambra State’s Commissioner of Police, Echeng Echeng, on Friday in connection with various offences in the state.
Three men, Nwobodo Obumneme, Malachi Uzorchukwu, and Ifesinachi Ogechukwu, were listed as suspects.
They were allegedly detained in connection with the murder of Mr. Osita Duruoha, a member of the Independent National Electoral Commission in the state.
3) Chidinma Ojukwu, the alleged killer of Usifo Ataga, the CEO of Super TV, testified before a Lagos State High Court in Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos, on Thursday that she had been slapped and coerced into signing a statement by local police.
Chidinma, who served as the first defence witness in her trial-within-a-trial, claimed to Assistant Superintendent of Police Olusegun Bamidele and Olufunke Madeyinlo that she was forced to sign documents against her will by officers.
Obi made this statement while attending the NKST synod in Mkar, Gboko Local Government Area of Benue State.
Nigerian Newspapers: Malami Reveals What Wike Has Done to Judiciary In Rivers, Calls Him New Name
5) In keeping with its custom of appropriately planning for potential outcomes, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared that it has sufficient logistics to handle a potential run-off in the presidential election of the next year.
In a meeting with bureau chiefs and regional editors of media organisations on Friday in Abuja, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, the chairman of INEC, revealed this.
6) President Muhammadu Buhari has been praised by Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state for approving all the funds due to the Niger Delta governments since 1999.
In his remarks at the Doctor Nabo Graham Douglas Law School’s commissioning on Friday, Rivers state governor Wike praised the school’s construction.
Nigerian Newspapers:Arewa Youths Speak on Peter Obi’s Chances in the North
7) Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, the governor of Borno State, has sent a letter of sympathy to the UN in response to the assassination of a humanitarian aid worker on Thursday in Damboa by an unruly soldier.
Matthias Schmale, the resident representative of the UN in Nigeria, was the recipient of the letter from Zulum. The letter was dated Friday, November 18, 2022, and was titled “condolence and solidarity.”
8) Priscilla Sitienei, who was thought to be the oldest primary school student in the world at 99 years old, passed away at her home in Kenya.
Sammy Chepsiror, her grandson, claims that Sitienei started having health issues after going to class on Wednesday and passed away soon after.
Nigerian Newspapers:President Buhari issues fresh order on enhanced salaries for judicial officers
9) The Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has asked former President Goodluck Jonathan to intervene in what appears to be a new effort to mend the lingering conflict with Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike.
On Thursday night, Atiku and Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, his running mate, paid Jonathan a private visit at the former president’s Abuja home.
10) Ovie Omo-Agege, the deputy senate president, has stated that he does not regret blocking the 8th Senate’s attempt to remove President Muhammadu Buhari from office. In 2018, he was charged with organizing thugs to steal the mace from the Chamber.
The All Progressives Congress candidate for governor of Delta State responded to the incident on Thursday during his campaign in Asaba and said he never regretted what he did.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers