Nigerian Newspapers Today: Top Naija News from Nigerian newspapers for December 5, 2022 -NewsOnline Nigeria
Nigerian Newspapers, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, NewsOnline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
A Very good morning y’all and welcome to curated top Headlines on Nigerian Newspapers today December 5, 2022.
What Nigerian Newspapers are Saying?
1) For the start of railway services along the Abuja/Kaduna rail lines from today, Inspector-General of Police Usman Baba has ordered the immediate deployment of armed personnel from the Police Mobile Force, K-9, Force Intelligence Bureau, Explosive Ordnance Unit, and Railway Police Command.
2) Mr. Emeka Wobido, a motorcycle rider, was reportedly killed by suspected herdsmen in the Obelle community of Rivers State’s Emohua Local Government Area.
In Obelle, it was claimed that herders had been allowing their herd to graze on private property. When the farmers rebelled against this, there was a fight that allegedly resulted in the death of some cows.
Nigerian Newspapers: Why Tinubu Is Dodging Arise TV TownHall Meeting
3) Peter Obi, the presidential candidate for the Labour Party, has criticised the federal government, saying that it has no business funding the fuel in terms of subsidy when the health sector is in rot.
This was said by Obi on Sunday during the Arise TV Town Hall series.
4) At least 13 worshipers have been kidnapped by terrorists following an attack on a mosque in Maigamji, Funtua LGA, Katsina.
The state’s police spokesperson, Gambo Isah, confirmed the development.
More on Nigerian Newspapers
5) In an altercation with a naval personnel over the weekend in Lagos’ Satellite neighbourhood, an assistant superintendent of police is said to have been fatally stabbed.
The naval personnel reportedly also attacked three other people who are said to have tried to step in.
6) Given that both Bauchi and Gombe States have begun asserting ownership of the oil wells, a crisis over the ownership of the Kolmani Oil and Gas field appears to be developing.
Officials and citizens from the two states have also accused one another of trying to take control of the site, which is said to hold 500 billion standard cubic feet of gas and one billion barrels of crude oil reserves.
Nigerian Newspapers: Peter Obi Presidency Strengthen as 2 Former Presidents Declares Support for him
7) Senator Sani Musa, who represents the Niger East senatorial district, was not the target of an assassination attempt, according to the Niger State Police Command.
In addition, the command noted that impersonation and criminal conspiracy were at play. According to reports, unidentified gunmen arrived in Minna from Abuja on Saturday night and broke into the senator’s home.
8) Olusegun Obasanjo, a former president, has declared that the 2023 election must mark a turning point for the nation and that he is in favour of a southerner being elected as the next leader.
When the leadership of the foremost socio-cultural group in Tiv, Benue State, Mzough, paid him a visit at his penthouse residence in the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State, Obasanjo said this on Saturday.
Final points on Nigerian Newspapers
9) The plots given to the embassies of Ghana, Thailand, and Malaysia have been withdrawn by the Federal Capital Development Authority because they impeded the construction of a significant motorway in the nation’s capital.
Shehu Ahmad, the FCDA’s executive secretary, informed the media over the weekend of the development while providing an update on the organization’s efforts to provide crucial national infrastructure.
10) Nyesom Wike, the governor of Rivers State, has honoured 162 notable Nigerians for their accomplishments, influential lives, and contributions to the development of the state and the country.
Among those honoured were eight current governors of states, nine former governors of other states, lawyers, and others who had shown a high degree of loyalty to the country, excellence in public service, dedication to equity, equality, and justice in the nation, as well as love for the Rivers State Government and its residents.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers