A Very good morning y’all and welcome to curated top Headlines on Nigerian Newspapers today November 28, 2022.
What Nigerian Newspapers are Saying?
1) For security operations and equipment before, during, and after the 2023 general elections as well as for the protection of schools throughout Nigeria, the Department of State Services has proposed spending a total of N19,637,627,951.
With the sum of N2,624,980,000, the DSS will launch a new “Safe School Intervention” the following year.
The National Commissioner and Chairman of the Commission made this disclosure in a statement. Festus Okoye, of the Information and Voter Education Committee, on Sunday.
Nigerian Newspapers: Police Speaks on Assassination Attempt on Peter Obi, Reveals Fresh Facts
3) In advance of the general election in 2023, Usman Baba, the inspector general of police, has directed that firearms be distributed to police officers all over the nation.
Additionally, he gave instructions to all police commissioners across the nation to activate the Inter-Agency Consultative Committee on Election Security and involve stakeholders in developing strategies for reducing election threat.
4) Rauf Aregbesola, the minister of Interior, stated over the weekend that 100 high-risk financiers of Boko Haram have been identified by the federal government.
He claims that the financiers are connected to at least ten different nations.
More on Nigerian Newspapers
5) All state government accounts have been frozen by Ademola Adeleke, the newly-elected governor of Osun State. Following his inauguration on Sunday, Adeleke issued his first executive order directing this.
6) Chioma Okafor and Nweke Joshua, both 19 years old, have been detained by the Ogun State Police Command for allegedly robbing traders in the State with toy guns. The suspects were detained last Friday during an operation at Adesan, Mowe, in the Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area of the State, according to a statement released on Sunday by SP Abimbola Oyeyemi, the State Police Public Relations Officer.
Nigerian Newspapers: Belgium vs Morocco Results: Late Atlas of lions’ goals stun Belgium, go top of group F
7) Unknown man reportedly hanged himself at the flyover close to the NNPC gas station on the Sanni Abacha Expressway in Yenagoa, the capital of Bayelsa State. It was reported that on Sunday, onlookers discovered the victim’s body hanging from the flyover rail.
8) On Sunday, a car accident that occurred along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway after the Fidiwo bridge claimed the lives of three people. According to the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), the incident also resulted in injuries to six adult males and three adult females.
Final points on Nigerian Newspapers
9) The Federal Government has announced an extension of the start date for the rail services between Abuja and Kaduna through the Ministry of Transportation. While on an inspection tour to determine the readiness of the Abuja-Kaduna rail services before the start of operations, the Minister of Transportation, Mu’azu Sambo, revealed this to newsmen in Kaduna on Sunday.
10) Dr. Chykwuemeka Ezeife, a former civil governor of Anambra State, has praised Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the top Igbo sociocultural organisation, for its recent endorsement of Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP. Additionally, he requested that they support Obi’s victory in 2023.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers