Oba Buhari Oloto Dies In Surulere, Lagos, 10 Months After Coronation.
The popular Lagos Monarch, the Oba of Ireland, in Aguda, Surulere died at Aged 80.
The late monarch, who was installed in September 2020, died at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja.
Popularly known as Buhari Oloto and later called Abu Oloto, a popular figure in the Lagos social scene for over 40 years.
Alhaji Buhari Oloto, the Oba of Iguruland in Aguda, Surulere, was a popular Lagos monarch.
He was 80 years old.
The late monarch died at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) in Ikeja, where he was installed in September 2020.
Hakeem Bamgbola, the Vice Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos Central, confirmed his death.
For over 40 years, Oba Oloto, was a popular figure in the Lagos social scene.
10 Things You Should Know About Lagos Popular Monarch
- Alhaji Buhari Oloto was sworn in as the first Oba of Uguru Land, also known as Aguda, a suburb of Surulere, Lagos, in September 2020.
- He was Agudaland’s first monarch.
He died at the age of 80.
- Alhaji Buhari Alade Oloto was born in the Itire neighbourhood of Lagos State.
- During his lifetime, Buhari Alade Oloto was close to Dr. Sikiru Ayinde.
- For over 40 years, Oba Oloto, also known as Buhari Oloto
- later Abu Oloto, was a popular figure in the Lagos social scene.
- Alhaja Alimot Shadia, the wife of Oba Buhari Oloto, is an Oloori (Iya-Oyo).
- Ikeja’s Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) was where he died.
- Abu Oloto Investment’s CEO was Alhaji Buari Oloto.
- His net worth is estimated to be between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000.