The full details on Sammie Okposo Biography, Wife, Children, Age, Family, Net Worth, cause of death, Wikipedia, State of Origin
Sammie Okposo was a gospel musician from Nigeria who achieved widespread fame on an international scale.
All the information you require regarding Sammie Okposo biography, including his net worth, age, family, parents, siblings, children, wife, state of origin, and nationality, can be found in the following paragraphs.
Sammie Okposo Biography, Wikipedia
- Full Name: Sammie Okposo
- Age: 51 years
- Date of Birth: February 21, 1978
- Label: Zamar Entertainment
- Sammie Okposo from which State: Delta State
- Wife: Ozioma Okopso
- Occupation: Gospel singer
- Producer : Psalmist
- Net Worth: $1 million
Biography of Sammie Okposo
Sammie Okposo (born May 30, 1971) is a well-known Nigerian gospel singer, producer, psalmist, entertainment consultant, and CEO of Zamar Entertainment.
Okposo was born on May 30, 1971, in Delta State. He is the son of the well-known Pastor Paul Adefarasan, Metropolitan Senior Pastor of House of Rock Churches Worldwide.
On Friday, November 25, 2022, he died after collapsing.
Sammie Okposo Early Life, Educational Background
His father had always wanted him to be an accountant. His interest in music, on the other hand, began when he was nine, when he began playing the piano and experiencing the exhilaration that comes with doing what you are supposed to do. He was the pianist in his local church by the age of ten.
Sammie received his primary and secondary education in Delta State, Nigeria’s southernmost state.
Sammie Okposo Biography on Career
Sammie is the CEO of Zamar Entertainment, a Gospel singer, music producer, psalmist, and entertainment consultant.
He began his production career in 1992, when he joined the Nigerian film industry as a sound track producer, eventually branching out into music production.
He took the music industry by storm in the year 2000 when he released his debut album, ‘Unconditional Love,’ which included the hit single ‘Welu-Welu,’ propelling him beyond local recognition and into the international spotlight.
Sammie has defied expectations by becoming not only an international, multiple award-winning gospel artist in Nigeria, but also performing on stages with Donnie Mcclurkin, Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, Israel Houghton, Deitrick Haddon, Jonathan Nelson, Micah Stampley, Maxi Priest, Shaggy, Missy Elliot, Benjamin Dube, Judith Sephuma, Sonnie Badu, Uche Double-Double, Lionel Peterson, Angelique Kidjo, Koff
He has performed at notable events such as the Martin Luther King Day celebration and the Independence Day celebration on July 4th.
He served as a Glo Ambassador for ten years before becoming a United Nations Peace Ambassador.
Full list of Sammie Okposo Awards and Recognition
- 2013 – Artiste of the year at the Crystal Awards, Nigeria
- 2013 – Album of the year (The Statement) Crystal Awards, Nigeria
- 2012 – Grass root ambassador of the year (Real Soccerfest and CAN)
- 2012 – Trail blazer award (African Gospel Music Awards U.K)
- 2012- Best male Christian artiste (Pastor Bimbo Odukoya foundation awards)
- 2012- Positive impact awards (Inside Out media awards)
- 2011- Best music video producer (Nigerian Music Video Awards)
- 2010- God zone award for excellence in entertainment (GOD ZONE Awards)
- 2008 – Best contemporary Gospel Artiste (Nigerian Music Awards)
- 2008 – Best Gospel Video (Nigerian Music Video Awards)
- 2007- Gospel artist of the year (Nigeria Entertainment Awards, New York)
- 2005/2006 – Best Male Gospel Artist in African (Kora Awards, South Africa)
- 2006 – Best Sound and Music Score – Amazing Grace (Nigeria Movie Awards)
- 2006 – Gospel Artist of the year (Nigeria Music Awards)
- 2006 – Best Gospel Artiste in English (Afro Hollywood Awards UK)
- 2005 – Artist of the year (Teen choice Awards)
- 2005 – Best remix Album (CNA Awards)
- 2005 – Best Male contemporary gospel Artiste in Nigeria (Amen Awards)
- 2003 – Best Male Gospel Artiste in Africa Nominee (Kora Awards, South Africa)
- 2002 – Gospel Artiste of the year (Power of Music and Praise Awards)
- 2002 – Best contemporary gospel Artiste (Power of Music and Praise Awards)
- 2001 – Best Gospel Artiste Amen Awards, Nigeria
- 2000 – Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 1999 – Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 1998 – Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 1997 – Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 1994 – Most Promising Male Artiste (Fame Music Awards)
Sammie Okposo is happily married to Ozioma Okopso, and the couple has three beautiful children.
On January 24, 2022, Sammie Okposo apologised publicly to his wife, Ozioma, via his Instagram page for his infidelity. The apology came a day after a woman identified only as African Doll accused him of impregnating and abandoning her.
The gospel singer announced to his fans that he would be taking a break from his ministry to focus on restoration and forgiveness. He deleted his social media handles at first, but restored them a few days later.
Sammie Okposo Net Worth
Sammie Okposo’s net worth is estimated to be $1 million. He is a Nigerian award-winning gospel singer who is also one of the richest and most influential people in the country.
Thank you so much for taking your time to read about Sammie Okposo Biography And Net Worth.