What are the Nigerian newspapers headlines for today?
1) With the commencement of operations at the Dangote Refinery and Petrochemicals, the Federal Government may save about N35tn in fiscal expenditures over the next five years. Godwin Emefiele, governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, announced this on Monday during the inauguration of the Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemical facility in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos.
2) Monday, the Presidential Election Petition Court denied a request for a live broadcast of its proceedings, citing the lack of merit in the request. The five-member panel of the court, presided over by Justice Haruna Tsammani, determined that live telecasting of court sessions did not fit within Nigeria’s judicial policies and legislative framework. Read More
3) On Monday, the All Progressive Congress and its presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, rejected a proposal to consolidate the three petitions still being heard by the Presidential Election Petition Court challenging the results of the February 25 presidential election. Read More
4) Prior to President Muhammadu Buhari’s return, Katsina State’s Daura, his hometown and place of birth, is under stringent security. It is anticipated that Buhari will return to Daura after handing over power to President-elect Bola Tinubu following the conclusion of his second term in office next week.
5) Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai has approved the immediate removal of the traditional rulers of the Piriga and Arak Chiefdoms, His Highness, Jonathan Paragua Zamuna, and His Highness, General Aliyu Iliyah Yammah (retired). On Monday, Hajiya Umma Ahmad, state commissioner for local government, disclosed this information in a statement. Read More
6) Aliko Dangote, president of Dangote Group, said on Monday that President Muhammadu Buhari prevented him from abandoning the world’s largest single-train refinery, Dangote Refinery and Petrochemicals. Dangote disclosed this during the project’s inauguration in Lagos, stating that Buhari’s support over the past eight years has been a tremendous source of inspiration.
7) The Supreme Court has scheduled a decision for Friday, May 26 in the appeal filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and others seeking to invalidate the joint ticket of the President-elect and Vice President-elect of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu and Kashim Shettima. Read More
8) On Tuesday, eighteen years after its conception, President Muhammadu Buhari will inaugurate the Second Niger Bridge. Six additional legacy projects, including the remaining two sections of the Abuja-Kano Motorway, the Loko-Oweto Bridge, and federal secretariats in Awka (Anambra), Gusau (Zamfara), and Yenagoa (Bayelsa), are also scheduled for virtual inauguration by the President. Read More
9) The Benue State Police Command has rescued ten kidnapped individuals, including a physician named Etito Obadiah. Obadiah, an employee of the Federal Medical Centre in Makurdi, was rescued by police on Monday.
10) 13 academic and non-academic staff members have been dismissed from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, for offences ranging from falsified age, fraud, and gross misconduct to extortion and sexual harassment. Prof. Asomwan Adagbonyin, the institution’s acting vice chancellor, stated that the decision was based on the recommendations of the University Staff Disciplinary Committee. Read More
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
The following are our Sources: Punch Newspapers , Vanguard Newspapers , Premium Times, The Guardian Nigeria, Leadership Newspapers, Channels Television,. Daily Trust NewsPaper Today ,This Day Newspaper.
We are delighted to have had you use our platform to stay abreast of the latest Naija News on Nigerian newspapers headlines today. At Ejes Gist Newsonline Nigeria, we understand the importance of timely and accurate news updates, and we are dedicated to providing our readers with the most up-to-date news on all aspects of Nigerian life.
We are committed to providing a reliable and unbiased source of news that our readers can depend on. Thank you for choosing us as your go-to source for Nigerian news. We look forward to continuing to serve you with the latest news and insights from Nigeria and beyond.