Morocco Earthquake Kills Over 600, Triggers International Response.
A powerful 6.8-magnitude earthquake struck Morocco late Friday, killing at least 632 people and injuring 329, according to Moroccan state media. The quake was felt in several cities across the country, including Marrakesh, Casablanca, and Rabat.
The earthquake struck around 11:11 p.m. local time in the province of Al Haouz, about 44 miles (75 kilometers) south of Marrakesh. The epicenter was located in the Atlas Mountains, a region that is prone to earthquakes.
The quake was followed by hundreds of aftershocks, some of which were also felt in neighboring Algeria and Spain.
The death toll is expected to rise as rescue workers continue to search for survivors. Many people are still trapped under the rubble of collapsed buildings.
The earthquake has caused widespread damage in the affected areas. Buildings have collapsed, roads have been damaged, and power lines have been downed.
The Moroccan government has declared a state of emergency in the affected areas. The military has been deployed to help with rescue and relief efforts.
World leaders have expressed their condolences to the Moroccan government and people. The United Nations has also offered its assistance.
The earthquake is a major tragedy for Morocco. It is the deadliest earthquake to hit the country in over a century. The international community is rallying to help the Moroccan people in their time of need.
Morocco Earthquake Latest News now.
Here are some of the latest updates on the Morocco Earthquake:
- The death toll has risen to 632.
- The injured number has risen to 329.
- Hundreds of aftershocks have been felt.
- Rescue workers are still searching for survivors.
- The Moroccan government has declared a state of emergency.
- The military has been deployed to help with rescue and relief efforts.
- World leaders have expressed their condolences.
- The United Nations has offered its assistance.
Morocco Earthquake: What can you do to help?
- You can donate to the Moroccan Red Crescent.
- You can also spread awareness about the earthquake and its impact.
- You can pray for the victims and their families.
The earthquake in Morocco is a reminder of the fragility of life. It is also a reminder of the importance of solidarity and compassion. We must all do our part to help those who are affected by this tragedy