Top Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today for Tuesday, July 25, 2023.
Stay informed with the latest Nigerian newspapers headlines today. Get up-to-date news and updates on politics, business, sports, entertainment, and more from leading Nigerian newspapers. Stay ahead with today’s top stories in Nigeria.
Good morning Nigeria! Welcome to Summary of Nigerian Newspapers headlines for today.
1. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo strongly criticized Nigerian leaders on Monday, accusing most of them of lacking vision when it comes to development matters. He made these remarks during his keynote address at the public presentation of the book titled, ‘Reclaiming the Jewel of Africa,’ authored by the former Minister of Industry, Trade, and Investment, as well as a former Minister of Finance, Olusegun Aganga, in Abuja.
2. In Anambra State, Chinedu Nwangwu, a popular native doctor also known as “Akwa Okuko Tiwaraki” and a resident of Oba in the Idemili North Local Government Area, was abducted on Sunday by unidentified assailants. The state police spokesperson, Tochukwu Ikenga, confirmed the incident and stated that investigations are ongoing.
3. Tragedy struck on the birthday of Dorcas Shangev, a woman in her 30s residing at Owner Occupier in the Makurdi metropolis. Her lifeless body was discovered 24 hours after her birthday celebration, with some of her body parts missing. Earlier, she had attended a burial but failed to return home.
4. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) refuted reports suggesting that it received financial assistance from international development partners to conduct the 2023 general election. INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, made this clarification during a meeting with Civil Society Organisations to review the 2023 general election.
5. Security forces arrested Boko Haram suspects who were planning to attack the residence of former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar in Yola, Adamawa State. Jubrila Mohammed, a 29-year-old suspect and self-confessed Boko Haram member from Damboa in Borno State, was apprehended at Atiku’s residence gate while attempting the attack on Sunday night.
Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today.
6. Civil Society Groups took to the major streets of Benin City, Edo State on Monday to protest against the recent increase in petrol prices and the prevailing nationwide hardship. The Edo Civil Society Organisations expressed concern over the exorbitant cost of governance by politicians, which adversely affects the well-being of impoverished Nigerians.
7. Enugu State residents staged a protest on Monday, challenging the continuation of the Monday sit-at-home order in the state. The State Government also took action by sealing businesses that adhered to the IPOB sit-at-home directive.
8. The National Assembly Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Asaba nullified the election of Mr. Ngozi Okolie of the Labour Party (LP) as the representative of the Aniocha/Oshimili Constituency of Delta State in the House of Representatives. The court declared the runner-up, Ndudi Elumelu of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), as the rightful winner.
9. Suspected political thugs set fire to the campaign office of Murtala Yakubu Ajaka, the Social Democratic Party (SDP) governorship candidate in Kogi State. The office, situated beside HABSO PETROLEUM LTD, Lokoja, was burned in the early hours of Monday around 12 am.
10. In the Umuahia South Local Government Area of Abia State, the decomposing body of an unidentified woman was discovered without her head. Engineers working in the area made the grim discovery near Ohiya Mechanic Village, inward Abia Towers, while laying cables in a gutter they had dug days before.
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines: 10 things you need to know today July 21, 2023
- Week 4 Pool Fixtures for Sat 29 Jul 2023: Wk 4 Aussie 2023 – poolfixtures
- Week 4 pool results for Saturday, July 29, 2023: Aussie Pool Result Wk 4
Thanks for readung, that is all for now on the top Nigerian Newspapers headlines for today. Stay informed and have a great day.
- NYSC Registration | NYSC Call Up Letter | All You should Know As PCMs
- How to Print NYSC Green Card And NYSC Call Up Letter
- NECO Result Checker 2023 | www.result.neco.gov.ng | NECO Result Portal Login
Our Daily Nigerian Newspapers Headlines source.
- Guardian newspaper nigeria today
- Vanguard Newspaper Headlines today
- The Nation Newspaper Headlines today
- Punch Newspaper Headlines Today