Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today May 5th 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers’ headlines for today?
1) The military has warned once more against plots to sabotage the transfer of power to Bola Tinubu on May 29. Major General Musa Danmadami, Director of Defence Media Operations, issued the warning on Thursday in Abuja.
2) John Onaiyekan, the Archbishop of the Abuja Catholic Archdiocese, stated yesterday that it “makes no sense” to swear in President-elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal has completed its hearing. On Thursday, his assertion generated responses on social media.
3) The Federal Government, via the Transmission Company of Nigeria and the Market Operator, has begun a massive disconnection of debtor electricity distribution companies from the national grid, which could leave millions of consumers in the dark in the coming weeks.
4) Unidentified attackers attacked a police checkpoint on the Umunze-Ihite Road in the Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State, killing three police officers on the spot. It was reported that a large group of gunmen invaded the location on Thursday and immediately opened fire on the security officers guarding the checkpoint, killing three of them and allowing others to escape after a gun battle.
5) The Abia State House of Assembly, led by its faction’s speaker, Chukwudi Apugo, has announced that it will soon launch an investigation into the state’s public officeholders. In a statement released on Thursday, the House Committee on Anti-Corruption and Public Accounts said it had received a multitude of petitions alleging various offences by various elected and appointed state officials.
6) General Yakubu Gowon, a former Nigerian head of state, has urged aggrieved parties in the 25 February general elections to respect the sanctity of the court and accept its decision in the coming days with humility. On Thursday, in Abuja, at the 15th PUNUKA Annual Lecture 2023 and symposium honouring the late Justice of the Supreme Court, Justice Chike Idigbe, Gowon made the call.
7) The suspended Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) of Adamawa State, Hudu Yunusa-Ari, who is the subject of a police investigation, has been granted bail. Two Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) commissioners and other officials being questioned at the Police Headquarters in relation to the Adamawa Governorship Election saga are also permitted to return home.
8) The International Human Rights Commission (IHRC) joined those pleading for Ike Ekweremadu and his wife, Beatrice. It pleaded with the United Kingdom government for leniency in sentencing the duo and their doctor, Dr. Obinna Obeta.
9) Bola Tinubu, the incoming president of Nigeria, has declared that the country’s unity is non-negotiable. As he has vowed to make corruption in the judiciary unattractive. Yesterday, when he inaugurated the Magistrates’ Court Complex in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, he urged Nigerians to practise tolerance.
10) On Wednesday, suspected cultists shot and killed Ebenezer Matthew, a youth leader from the Abarikpo community in the Ahoada East Local Government Area of Rivers State. Mathew is reportedly the leader of the Abarikpo Community in the Akoh kingdom’s local government.
Breaking news in Nigeria today :FG Shuts Down Online Banks And Loan Apps
Nigerian Newspapers:Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2023 at Food Concepts Plc (Owner of Chicken Republic )
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria.