Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today May 8th 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers’ headlines for today?
1) The President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the Vice President-elect, Kashim Shettima, and 28 incoming governors must declare their assets by May 29 according to the Code of Conduct Bureau. Mrs. Veronica Kato, the spokesperson for the CCB, stated that other officials, including senators-elect and representatives-elect, are expected to declare their assets prior to their inauguration on June 5.
2) Today, the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal in Abuja will begin preliminary hearings on petitions filed by opposition parties challenging the results of the presidential election held on February 25.
3) On Sunday, Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi paid a courtesy visit to Nobel laureate Professor Wole Soyinka. This comes a month after the playwright clashed with the Obidients movement, the moniker adopted by Obi’s supporters.
4) North-Central All Progressives Congress members have protested their alleged exclusion from the leadership of the 10th National Assembly, which will convene on June 5. In separate press conferences held in Abuja on Sunday, the stakeholders were unanimous in their criticism of the reported decision of the APC leadership regarding the Senate presidency and the position of House Speaker.
5) On Sunday afternoon, a plane crash-landed at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, causing panic after a tyre caught fire.
6) On Sunday morning, the fourth group of 410 Nigerians evacuated from Sudan arrived. 844 more evacuees are expected to return. 16 buses transported them from the Wadi Halfa border crossing in Sudan to the Aswan International Airport in Egypt.
7) Hundreds of terrorists led by a notorious bandit, an-arami, have reportedly relocated from Zamfara to areas in Katsina State between the Safana and Batsari Local Government Areas. Villagers reported that the terrorists were fleeing the military assault in Zamfara.
8) Mr. Festus Keyamo (SAN), Minister of State for Labour and Employment, has stated that those calling for the resolution of presidential election petitions prior to May 29 are “plainly ignorant or crassly malicious.” According to Keyamo, it is not in the opposition parties’ best interest to rush their petitions against President-elect Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
9) Tama Jonathan, a victim of kidnapping, was killed during a gun battle between Federal Capital Territory Police Command personnel and kidnappers. In a statement released on Sunday, the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, SP Josephine Adeh, disclosed that at least 58 abductees were rescued during the operation.
10) A yet-to-be-identified individual On Sunday, a Sport Utility Vehicle crushed a tricycle carrying a family of four along Isheri-Igando Road in the Alimosho Local Government Area of Lagos State, killing a 10-year-old boy. It was determined that the incident occurred at approximately 7:00 a.m. at the Idowu Egba end of the road.
Breaking news in Nigeria today :Akpabio visits Ooni of Ife to seek blessings for Senate Presidency bid
Nigerian Newspapers:See why former first Lady of Nigeria, Turai Yar’Adua said People would attack Remi Tinubu
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria.