Nigerian Newspapers Review for Today: Major Headlines – September 25, 2023.
Good morning! Here’s a roundup of today’s key stories from Nigerian newspapers:
1. Minister Nyesom Wike Revokes 21 Plots of Land in Abuja CBD
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has taken action by revoking 21 plots of land in the Central Business District (CBD) of Abuja. The revocation notice, signed by Mr. Olusade Adesola, the Permanent Secretary in the FCT Administration, cited non-development as the reason for the action.
2. Justice Binta Zubairu Defends Judges Against Delay Accusations
Justice Binta Zubairu, a Court of Appeal judge, has defended her colleagues, stating that judges are often wrongly accused of causing delays in the dispensation of justice. She emphasized the collaborative nature of the judicial process and urged against placing the blame solely on judges for such delays.
3. Federal Government Warns Electricity Workers Against Grid Vandalism During Strike
The Federal Government has issued a stern warning to electricity workers, cautioning them against vandalizing the national grid during strikes. Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, called such acts not only criminal but also a sabotage of efforts to provide Nigerians with steady power supply.
4. Stakeholders in Imo State Urge INEC to Address Voter Card Collection Issues
Stakeholders in Imo State have called on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to address issues related to the late arrival of materials and other bottlenecks in the collection of permanent voter cards. They stressed that these actions were crucial for enhancing credibility in the forthcoming governorship election.
5. Police Prepare Security Measures for Upcoming Governorship Elections in Kogi, Imo, and Bayelsa
The police have assured voters of their preparedness for the November 11 governorship elections in Kogi, Imo, and Bayelsa states. Among the security measures to be deployed, the use of drones for monitoring and the prevention of potential violence is highlighted. A stern warning has also been issued to potential instigators of violence.
6. President Bola Tinubu Orders Rescue of Abducted Female Students in Zamfara
President Bola Tinubu has instructed security agencies to rescue the remaining female students of the Federal University Gusau (FUG) in Zamfara State. The President condemned the abduction and emphasized that there is no moral justification for such heinous crimes.
7. NLC Criticizes OPS Over Opposition to Nationwide Strike
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has criticized the Organised Private Sector (OPS) for opposing a nationwide strike, alleging that it aims to continue paying low wages to workers. The NLC has been advocating for improved labor conditions and workers’ rights.
8. Minister of Works Emphasizes Concrete Roads Construction
The Minister of Works, David Umahi, reaffirms the government’s commitment to the construction of concrete roads. He stated that President Bola Tinubu has approved this approach and encouraged construction companies to learn from Sermatech Nigeria Limited’s innovative methods.
9. Lagos Governorship Election Petition Tribunal to Deliver Judgment
The Governorship Election Petition Tribunal in Lagos is set to deliver judgment today, Monday, in the cases challenging the election of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu. Parties involved in the suits have been notified.
10. Boko Haram Insurgents Attack Farmers in Borno, Abduct and Demand Ransom
Marauding Boko Haram insurgents have attacked farmers in Mafa Local Government Area of Borno State. Tragically, 10 farmers lost their lives, while several others were abducted. The insurgents also extorted N4 million in ransom from a businessman in Zannari ward.
For more details and comprehensive coverage, always visit Ejes Gist Newspaper for latest Nigerian newspapers headlines.
- News in Nigeria
- Dollar to Naira
- Politics in Nigeria
- Pool Fixtures
- Pool Results
- Pool codes
- Npower News
- Jobs in Nigeria
Previous Nigerian Newspapers Headlines.
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines: 10 things You Need to Know Today, September 20, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines: 10 things You Need to Know Today, September 21, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines: 10 Updates You Need to Know Today, September 15, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 Latest News and Updates September 12, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 Latest News and Updates September 11, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 Latest News and Updates September 10, 2023
- 5 Early Warning Signs of Heart Attack: Taking action promptly can save lives
Thanks for readung, that is all for now on the top Nigerian Newspapers headlines for today. Stay informed and have a great day.
- NYSC Registration | NYSC Call Up Letter | All You should Know As PCMs
- How to Print NYSC Green Card And NYSC Call Up Letter
- NECO Result Checker 2023 | www.result.neco.gov.ng | NECO Result Portal Login
- 48 Powerful Prayer Points for Breakthrough With Scriptures
Aaron Abraham, the Nigerian Soldier who was dismissed for Preaching about Jesus in Uniform on social media.