Cairo Ojougboh Biography, Age, Cause of Death and all. You need to know about the former lawmaker.
Cairo Ojougboh’s Demise: A Tragic Turn of Events.
He died at the age of 64 years.
As a former member of the Nigerian House of Representatives and a current candidate for the 2019 Gubernatorial election in Delta State, his journey reflects a commitment to service and leadership.
Early Life and Education: Cairo Ojougboh’s roots are traced back to the family of Chief Corlenso Ojougboh and Mrs. Angelina Ojougboh (Ezinne). His educational journey commenced at Pilgrims Baptist Primary School, Agbor, Ika South Local Government Area, where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) from 1966 to 1971. He furthered his education at St. Columba’s Grammar School (Now Gbenoba Grammar School, Agbor, Ika Local Government Area), graduating in 1976 with a Senior Secondary School Certificate.
|Date of Birth
|September 8, 1959
|Date of Death
|February 7th, 2024
|Medical Doctor and Politician
The pursuit of higher education led him to Auchi Polytechnic (now Federal Polytechnic, Auchi) in 1978, later transitioning to the University of Benin, Benin City. In 1985, he graduated with a Bachelor of Surgery, and Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS).
Cairo Ojougboh Biography: PoliticalC areer:
Dr. Cairo Ojougboh’s political journey has been diverse and impactful:
- Chairman, Alliance for Democracy (AD) from 1998 to 1999.
- Served as the Presidential Liaison Officer to the President of NASS and Special Assistant to Mr. President of NASS from 2007 to 2011.
- Chairmanship of Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA) from 2013 to 2015.
- Held the position of National Vice Chairman and Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party South-South Nigeria from August 2014 to August 2016.
- Deputy National Chairman of PDP from September 2016 to August 2017.
- Political Adviser to Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clark CON, OFR.
- Executive Secretary of the National Unity Group (NUG).
- Chairman, Delta State PDP Reconciliation and Harmonization Committee in 2010.
- Played a crucial role as the Presidential Spokesman for APC, Presidential Campaign Council Delta State.
- Contributed as a member of the women & Youth Presidential Campaign Team of the Presidential Campaign Council for the 2019 General Election.
- A contestant for the APC Gubernatorial Aspirant in the 2019 elections in Delta State.
Chairmanship and Committee Membership: Cairo Ojougboh showcased leadership in various capacities:
- Chairman of the Petroleum Resources Committee.
- Led the Ad hoc Committee on EFCC Recoveries.
- A member of the House Committee on Power.
- Contributed insights as a member of the House Committee on Ethnic & Privileges and the House Committee on Industries.
Dr. Cairo Ojougboh, his multifaceted contributions to politics and governance remain noteworthy. The information provided here is a glimpse into his rich history, encapsulating his dedication to public service.
Cairo Ojougboh’s Demise: A Tragic Turn of Events
Cairo Ojougboh’s Passing
Cairo Ojougboh is reported to have succumbed to a heart attack following a penalty awarded against the Super Eagles of Nigeria during the semi-final match against Ivory Coast on February 7th, 2024.
Cairo Ojougboh’s Net Worth
Before his untimely death, his net worth was estimated to be over 5 billion naira.
Cairo Ojougboh’s Family: Wife and Children
Dr. Cairo Ojougboh led a fulfilling family life, being happily married with beautiful and handsome children before his tragic demise.
Cairo Ojougboh Wife: He is married to Mrs. Ruth Ojougboh
This unexpected event has left a void not only in his family but also in the hearts of many who admired and respected him. The nation mourns the loss of a distinguished figure whose contributions will be remembered.