Doris Chima Biography: 11 Interesting Facts You Should Know About The Nollywood Actress who Died of cancer
See Doris Chima Biography: 11 Interesting Facts You Should Know About The Nollywood Actress who Died of Cancer
Ejes Gist News gathered, After a long battle with cancer, Chima, a founding member of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) and former vice-chairperson of the Lagos AGN is dead.
Read Also : BREAKING: House of Representatives Member Is Dead
Chima was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2020 and had the affected breast removed to prevent further damage.
Also read: Nollywood actor Stanley Okoro passes away
Emeka Rising Ibe, the Lagos chairman of the AGN, confirmed the tragic news, saying he is still in shock over the incident because Chima was a dedicated member and a good woman.
Doris Chima Biography
“She called me last week and pleaded with me not to remove her from the verification exercise I embarked on to ascertain true members of the guild in Lagos because of her ill health,” he said.
“I got a call yesterday morning saying she had died. Though I have yet to pay a visit to the family, we have suffered a great loss. I pray for her soul’s repose.”
Doris Chima Age, Biography
Nollywood actress, Doris Chima has been confirmed dead. She died at age of 63 years. She died as a result of breast cancer which she has been battling since last year.
Here are some interesting facts about Doris Chima (Biography )
- Doris Chima, a veteran actress, died after a long battle with breast cancer.
- She died at the age of 63.
- She has previously held several high-ranking positions in the AGN, including vice-chairperson of the Lagos chapter.
- Nkem Owoh a.k.a Osuofia (Lion Finger), John Okafor a.k.a Mr. Ibu (Cold Brothers), and Genevieve Nnaji have all starred alongside the Abia State-born actress (Passion)
- Doris Chima was one of the AGN’s original members when it was founded.
- She had surgery for the affected body part in 2020 after being diagnosed.
- On Sunday, August 15th, 2021, the veteran film star passed away.
- She was best known for her role in the 2008 films “Critical Condition 1 & 2.”
- She also played a pivotal role in the critically acclaimed stage play “Nana of the Niger Delta.”
- Her music career began in 1991 on a Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) artiste showcase programme.
- She was married and had a family of her own. He was a devout Christian.