The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has taken immediate action to relieve the heads of 21 parastatals, agencies, and government companies under the FCT Administration of their appointments. This decision was communicated through a press statement issued by Anthony Ogunleye, the director of press in the Office of the Minister.
The affected heads of agencies and parastatals include:
1. Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Abuja Investment Company Ltd.
2. CEO/Managing Director of Abuja Markets Management Ltd.
3. MD/CEO of Abuja Urban Mass Transport Company.
4. CEO/MD of Abuja Property Development Company.
5. CEO/MD of Abuja Technology Village Free Trade Zone Company.
6. CEO/MD of Abuja Film Village International.
7. CEO/MD of Powernoth AICL Equipment Leasing Company Ltd.
8. MD of Abuja Broadcasting Corporation.
9. MD of Abuja Enterprise Agency.
10. General Manager of FCT Water Board.
FCT Minister Nyesom Wike Sacks Heads of 21 Agencies and Parastatals
11. Director-General of FCT Emergency Management Agency.
12. Executive Secretary of FCT Primary Healthcare Board.
13. DG of Hospital Management Board.
14. Director of Abuja Environmental Protection Board.
15. Director of FCT Scholarship Board.
16. Director of FCT Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board.
17. Director of Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board.
18. Coordinator of Abuja Infrastructure Investment Center.
19. Director of FCT Health Insurance Scheme.
20. Coordinator of Satellite Towns Development Department.
21. Coordinator of Abuja Metropolitan Management Council.
The affected appointees have been instructed to hand over the affairs of their offices to the most senior officers in rank. New appointments to these positions will be made in due course.
The reasons for these sudden terminations were not provided in the press statement. The reshuffling of leadership in these agencies and parastatals may have significant implications for the administration and management of various aspects of the Federal Capital Territory.