INEC Chairman: Foreign Hackers Are Attacking Our Database – Mahmood Yakubu Laments
The Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) chairman, Professor Mahmood Yakubu, has acknowledged that foreign hackers are attacking the commission’s database.
The 2023 General Elections; Judiciary and Sustainability of Nigeria’s Democracy was the theme of Yakubu’s speech on January 26 at the 2022 National Conference of the National Association of Judiciary Correspondents (NAJUC) in Abuja.
Read Also: BVAS: INEC to conduct mock accreditation of voters in 436 PUs
The attacks are not just coming from Nigeria, according to the INEC chairman, who was represented by the deputy director of ICT, Dr. Lawrence Bayode.
“When we looked at the system yesterday, we noticed that individuals were attempting to enter it from France, but we are also putting some measures in place.
Also Read: BVAS Machines: Cross River IPAC Raises Alarm Over Plot To Rig 2023 Elections, Accuses INEC, Security of Cover Up
We have done our best to ensure that our system is secure. You can’t build a house and you won’t put a door, window, or burglary.
The INEC official also revealed that the backend and the Result Viewing Portal (IReV) are both well-secured to fend off any attacks.
See Also: BREAKING: Tribunal sacks Osun Governor Adeleke, See details
In order to vote, according to Section 47(1) of the Electoral Act of 2022, one must have a permanent voter card (PVC) and be accredited.
- How to apply and get Canada Visa in Nigeria without stress.
- US Student Visa: Requirements ,Everything You Should Know About US Study Visa
- VISA GUIDE: Everything You Should Know About US Work Visa
- How To Apply For Spain Visa from Nigeria (Simple Guide)
- France Work Visa Process: How To Apply For France Working Holiday Visa
- Poland Work Visa Process 2023 | Application Procedure for Polish Working Holiday Visa
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Foreign Hackers Are Attacking Our Database – INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu