Lost NECO certificate? Here is how to recover lost NECO certificate.
Losing your NECO certificate can be a disheartening experience, especially considering the hard work and dedication that went into earning it. However, the good news is that you can obtain a replacement for your lost NECO original certificate..
In this article, Ejes Gist News Nigeria will guide you through the steps to take when you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of a lost NECO certificate. Let’s get started on the path to reclaiming your valuable academic credential.
Steps to follow to recover lost NECO certificate
- Visit the nearest NECO office or the NECO office of the state of the exam
- Report your issue of loss or damaged certificate or need to change names, etc.
- The office will listen to you and conclude if you deserve to be reissued another certificate
- They may ask you to get a police report or NIN (whichever is applicable)
- After that, you’ll be required to make a payment of twelve thousand and five hundred naira (N12,500) excluding the remita fee.
- Visit https://payments.neco.gov.ng/payment and click on the “Others” tab
- Enter the Reprint of Certificate code “8422” and fill in the rest of the form correctly
- Then, proceed to the payment page and make the payment
- After successful payment, print the Remita receipt and take that back to the NECO office.
- They will immediately reprint another certificate
- In case of logistics or delay, you may be asked to come back on a specific date to collect the certificate.
How To Recover Lost NECO Certificate
Step 1: Calm and Gather Information
Losing a certificate can be stressful, but staying calm is essential. Begin by gathering all the relevant information you can remember about your NECO examination. Note down the year you took the exam, your examination number, and any other details you can recall. This information will be crucial in the replacement process.
Step 2: Contact NECO Office
Locate the nearest NECO office in your state or region. You can find their contact information on the official NECO website. Reach out to them via phone or email and explain your situation. They will guide you on the specific documents and procedures required for obtaining a replacement certificate.
Step 3: Obtain an Affidavit
In many cases, you’ll need to provide an affidavit stating the circumstances of the loss of your certificate. Visit a court or notary public and explain your situation. They will help you draft a formal affidavit that explains the loss and attests to your efforts to find the original certificate.
Step 4: Fill Out the Required Forms
The NECO office will provide you with the necessary forms for requesting a replacement certificate. Carefully fill out these forms, providing accurate information about your examination details, personal information, and the circumstances of the loss.
Step 5: Provide Supporting Documents
Attach all supporting documents as required by the NECO office. This may include photocopies of your valid identification (such as national ID card or passport), the affidavit you obtained, and any other documents they request.
Step 6: Pay the Replacement Fee
There is usually a fee associated with obtaining a replacement NECO certificate. The NECO office will provide information about the fee and the payment process. Ensure you make the necessary payment according to their instructions.
Step 7: Wait for Processing
Once you have submitted the required forms, documents, and payment, the NECO office will begin processing your request. The processing time can vary, so be patient during this phase.
Step 8: Collect Your Replacement Certificate
Once the processing is complete, the NECO office will notify you about the availability of your replacement certificate. Head to the office to collect your new certificate, which will be issued with the same details as the original.
Losing your NECO certificate doesn’t mean your achievements are lost forever. By following these steps and working closely with the NECO office, you can obtain a replacement certificate that validates your hard-earned academic accomplishments. Remember, accidents happen, but your determination to regain your certificate will reflect your commitment to your education and future endeavors.