Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today February 14, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers headlines today saying?
Ogah backs PDP governorship candidate after losing at Supreme Court
The former Minister of State for Mines and Steel Development, Mr. Uche Ogah, is expected to support the Peoples Democratic Party’s candidate for governor, Dr. Okechukwu Ahiwe.
Ogah’s move comes just days after he lost a legal battle to claim the governorship nomination of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Abia State.
1) Contrary to the Supreme Court’s ruling prohibiting the Federal Government from enforcing the February 10 deadline previously set by the central bank for the currency swap, some commercial banks and gas stations have ceased collecting old naira notes from customers. The officials stated that they were following CBN directives.
2) The Federal Capital Territory Police Command has confirmed the arrest of Uche Aigbe, the presiding pastor of the Abuja chapter of House on the Rock, for brandishing an AK-47 rifle while addressing the congregation. The command also confirmed the arrest of the church’s Chief Security Officer and Inspector Musa Audu, who gave Aigbe his gun.Read More
Nigerian Newspapers:CBN deadline for old naira notes: Rejecting old naira notes now will land you in trouble
3) The Rivers State Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Presidential Campaign Council announced on Monday that the planned Port Harcourt campaign rally for the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, was canceled to prevent loss of life. Senator Lee Maeba, chairman of the PDP PCC in Rivers State, provided the explanation yesterday.Read More
4) The Lagos State Government on Monday ordered a coroner’s inquest to determine the cause of death of a 12-year-old Chrisland School student, Whitney Adeniran, who died during inter-house sports at Agege Stadium in the Agege area of the state.
Newsonline Nigeria:Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today: 10 Things You Need to Know Today, Monday, February 13, 2023
5) President Muhammadu Buhari informed service chiefs and the leadership of the Nigeria Police Force yesterday that the international community is observing their actions. Buhari emphasized that many individuals have high expectations, urging them to provide sufficient security to ensure the peaceful conduct of the general elections in 2023.
6) Monday at the State House in Abuja, President Muhammadu Buhari met with the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele. This is Emefiele’s third private meeting with the President since the escalation of the cash crunch crisis.
Nigerian Newspapers:UK, US Intelligence practitioners project Atiku to win 2023 presidential election
7) The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has stated that 240 polling units will not host elections. Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, chairman of the commission, disclosed this at a meeting with political parties on Monday.
8) Mr. Femi Fani-Kayode, a leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), said he was questioned for five hours by agents of the Department of State Services (DSS) regarding a tweet he sent about a purported meeting between a presidential candidate and some military officers.
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
9) Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, the presidential candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), visited Kontagora, Niger State on Monday as part of his nationwide grass-roots campaign. Kwankwaso, addressing the massive crowd that had gathered to welcome him, stated that his party has the best candidates for the upcoming general elections.
10) On Monday, the Rivers State Police Command announced that an investigation had been launched to locate the suspects who allegedly raped and murdered Chigbewejim Steward in the Abarikpo community of the Ahoada East Local Government Area of Rivers State.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria