Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today May 6th 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers’ headlines for today?
1) On Friday, President Muhammadu Buhari bid farewell to His Majesty, King Charles III, saying that his current trip to the United Kingdom would be his final official engagement with the monarch. This was stated by the President to his colleagues during the monarch’s coronation as King of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Commonwealth.
2) In preparation for President-elect Bola Tinubu’s inauguration on May 29, the State House Management has begun renovating and refurbishing sections of the Presidential Villa in Abuja. The Presidential Transition Council, chaired by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, is in charge of maintenance.
3) According to reports, the ruling All Progressives Congress and President-elect Bola Tinubu have chosen Godwill Akpabio, a former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, to serve as President of the Senate in the upcoming 10th National Assembly.Read More
4) Ike Ekweremadu, a former three-term Deputy President of the Senate, was sentenced to nine years and eight months in prison in the United Kingdom on Friday for an organ trafficking plot. Beatrice, his wife, was also sentenced to four years and six months in prison for her “more limited involvement” in the plot, despite the fact that the court described Ekweremadu as the “driving force throughout” the process.Read More
5) The Coalition of Northern Groups has stated that the North-West should be considered for the position of Senate President because President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu received the most votes from the zone. It also stated that zoning the position to the south would be unjust because Tinubu is from there.
6) Hudu Yunusa-Ari, the suspended Adamawa State Resident Electoral Commissioner, has been granted administrative bail by the Nigeria Police. As part of the preconditions for his administrative bail, the police also withheld his passport, restricted his movement to the Federal Capital Territory, and ordered him to report to the Force Headquarters daily in order to continue the investigation.
7) According to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), President-elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu cannot fight corruption because he is a product of an allegedly corrupt electoral process. Debo Ologunagba, the PDP National Publicity Secretary, stated this yesterday at a press conference in Abuja in response to Tinubu’s promise to fight corruption.
8) Obo Effanga, the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) of Edo State, tasked Nigerian politicians yesterday with learning to accept election failures and successes in good faith in order to strengthen the country’s democracy. He gave the task during a meeting with journalists in Benin to thank them and build on the commission’s success in the state.
9) On the 13th anniversary of former President Umaru Yar’Adua’s death yesterday, President-elect Bola Tinubu vowed to follow in the footsteps of the man many Nigerians regard as one of the country’s best leaders ever. Tinubu described the deceased president as a good friend who would never be forgotten in a tribute to him.
10) Three gunmen kidnapped a 52-year-old Turkish national, Erdogan Guler, and another unidentified man in Abuja’s Kubwa neighbourhood. The incident occurred around 7 p.m. on Wednesday, May 3, 2023, and was reported to the Byazhin Police Division in Abuja.
Breaking news in Nigeria today :Sheriff Oborevwori wins alleged certificate forgery case
Nigerian Newspapers:Messi opens up on Saudi Arabia trip that landed him suspension, makes strong statement
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria.