A Very good morning y’all and welcome to curated top Headlines on Nigerian Newspapers today December 3, 2022.
What Nigerian Newspapers are Saying?
1) Aminu Adamu Mohammed, a final-year student at Jigawa State Federal University, Dutse, was earlier placed on remand after sending a tweet critical of Nigeria’s First Lady, Aisha Buhari, who withdrew the case against him yesterday. Fidelis Ogbobe, the prosecution’s attorney, claimed on Friday that the First Lady, as the mother of the country, decided to drop the case after the intervention of well-meaning Nigerians. Read More
2) In Imo State, a building housing the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was set on fire. The development comes a few days after a commission office in Ebonyi State was set on fire, destroying voting equipment like ballot boxes.
Nigerian Newspapers: BREAKING: United States Embassy Denies Tinubu Visa To Travel To U.S for Planned Engagement
3) The distribution and collection of Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) for the general elections scheduled for next year will take place between December 12 of this year and January 22 of next year, according to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). It added that the PVC collection has been delegated to the 8,809 Registration Areas/Wards from Friday, January 6 to Sunday, January 15. It also disclosed that the collection will occur in all of its 774 Local Government Offices across the nation.
4) When some suspected herdsmen reportedly broke into the mosque, which is situated along Okoroda Street in the town of Ughelli, Delta State, three worshippers were taken hostage. According to reports, the incident, which occurred at around 6.45 am, injured about 11 other worshipers. Read More
More on Nigerian Newspapers
5) Yakubu Dogara, a former speaker of the House of Representatives, and some disgruntled APC leaders have endorsed Atiku Abubakar as their candidate for president in the 2023 general elections.
6) The Labour Party, LP, ruled yesterday that the alleged suspension of Doyin Okupe, the director-general of its Presidential Campaign Council (PCC), by the Ogun State chapter, was invalid. Mr. Umar-Farouk Ibrahim, the party’s national secretary, revealed this on Friday in Abuja. Read More
Nigerian Newspapers: BREAKING: Northern Christian, Muslim Leaders Adopts Atiku As Consensus Candidate for 2023 Presidential Election
7) Oba Clement Olukotun, the traditional head of Oso Ajowa-Akoko in the Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State, is said to have been abducted by some unidentified armed men. The monarch was reportedly kidnapped on Thursday at around 10.15 p.m. at his home and taken to an unidentified location. Read More
8) Omeife, Africa’s first humanoid, was unveiled by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Friday in Abuja in an effort to advance technological advancement in Nigeria and across the continent through artificial intelligence (AI).
Final points on Nigerian Newspapers
9) The naira appreciated 0.11 percent from Thursday’s exchange rate of 445.83 to Friday’s rate of 445.33 to the dollar at the Investors and Exporters window. On Friday, the open indicative rate reached a high of N444.75 to the dollar.
10) Delta State Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has dissociated himself from those that President Muhammadu Buhari has accused of stealing local government funding. Okowa, the vice presidential candidate for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said it was unfortunate for the president to have made such an accusation while speaking in Asaba through his chief press secretary, Olisa Ifeajika.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers