FG Rebrands NPower to Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has rebranded the Npower Programme, renaming it the “Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme.” The decision to rebrand the program is part of ongoing efforts to revitalize and improve the Npower initiative.
Dr. Betta Edu, the newly appointed Minister of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, has been diligently working to restore the Npower program’s former status, addressing concerns regarding its management. In recent times, the program, initiated during the Buhari Administration, faced criticism due to issues such as the non-payment of stipends to beneficiaries, with some individuals owed eight months of unpaid stipends.
Dr. Betta Edu, in response to these challenges, has undertaken a comprehensive overhaul of the Npower program. Her goal is to ensure that beneficiaries are genuinely empowered, and Nigerian youths are actively engaged. She emphasizes that it will no longer be “business as usual” and pledges to take the programs to the field to reach those in need.
Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme and Appointments
To implement this vision, Dr. Betta Edu has announced key appointments, aligning with President Tinubu’s directive to restructure the social safety net program to address the expanded mandate of the ministry. These appointments aim to support President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda, which seeks to provide assistance to those affected by humanitarian crises and eradicate multi-dimensional poverty in Nigeria.
The appointed individuals and their respective roles include:
- National Coordinator NASSCO – Hon Abdulaziz Danladi
- National Cash Transfer Office NCTO: Head of the office – Dr Micheal Ajuluchukwu
- NCTO Deputy Head of Office: Dr Janet Ekpenyong
- National Programme Manager, Youth Empowerment and Social Support Operations (YESSO) – Richard Romanus
- National Communication Manager NSIP – Hon Jamalu Kaburu
- National Programme Manager, Renewed Hope Shelter Programme for Refugees, Poor, and Internally Displaced Persons – Hon Chidinma Makuachukwu
- National Programme Manager, Grant For Vulnerable Groups – Hon Thalis Apalowo
- Programme Manager, At Risk Children Programme – Hajia Salia Sanusi Yusuff
- National Programme Manager, National Homegrown School Feeding Programme (Renewed Hope Home Grown School Feeding and End Hunger Programme) – Hon Mrs Obande
- Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (Renewed Hope MSME Loan Programme) – Hon Dr Joseph Nkang.
- Programme Manager – N-Power Programme (Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme – Dr Akindele Adekunle Egbuwalo
- Renewed Hope IDP Refugees out of School Programme (National Alternate School Programme) – Dr Mrs Etcheri Ansa
- National Project Manager, Community and Social Development Programme – Hon Olubunmi Bello
Dr. Betta Edu will continue to serve as the Chairman of the National Social Safety Net Coordinating Office (NASSCO) Management Team, with Hon Abel Enitan, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, acting as the Secretary of the NASSCO Management team.
The new appointees are expected to bring their extensive experience to their new roles as the government strives to realize the Renewed Hope mandate and propel Nigeria forward. There will be a strong emphasis on accountability and achieving tangible results.
Always visit this website Ejesgist.ng for latest news on Npower and Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme.