Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know today, Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Nigerian Newspapers, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, NewsOnline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to curated top Headlines from Nigerian Newspapers today February 7, 2023.
What are the Nigerian Newspapers Saying?.
Kogi, Kaduna and Zamfara Drags Buhari to Court over New Naira Scarcity
Three governors from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) have filed a lawsuit against the Federal Government over the Central Bank of Nigeria’s plan to change the naira (CBN). The Federal government was brought before the Supreme Court by Governors Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna), Yahaya Bello (Kogi), and Bello Matawalle (Zamfara). Read More
1) A Federal Capital Territory, FCT, High Court has stopped the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, from extending the deadline for using the old naira notes. The court also told the CBN to put the new naira into full use. Read More
2) The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, took a top bank official into custody in Abuja on Monday. Wilson Uwujaren, a spokesman for the EFCC, said that the person in charge of the staff is the Operations Manager of “a leading commercial bank” in the Central Area, Abuja. Read More
Nigerian Newspapers: Court Sentences Fidelity Bank MD To Prison (Full Details)
3) CSOs have said that President Muhammadu Buhari’s government doesn’t care about how hard things are for the people. This is because the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria has been accused of hiding when it comes to getting the new naira notes out into circulation.
4) Six people are said to have avoided death when a Nigerian Air Force plane that was going from Ilorin to Lagos crashed landed after one of its tires blew out. The NAF says that a Cessna Citation CJ3 maritime patrol aircraft was on a routine flight yesterday when it lost its tires on a touch-and-go flight in Ilorin.
NewsOnline Nigeria: Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know today, Monday, February 6, 2023
5) On Monday, a Federal High Court in Abuja stopped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from suspending or kicking out Nyesom Wike, the governor of Rivers. The order was made by Justice James Omotosho after Governor Wike filed a motion against the PDP and its top leaders. Read More
6) On Monday, a conflict between the Anaku and Omor communities in the Ayamelum Local Government Area of Anambra State is thought to have killed at least 10 people. At the time of filing in this report, no one knew what caused the current crisis, but sources said that there have been long-lasting conflicts between the two communities in the recent past.
Nigerian Newspapers: New Naira Scarcity: How Tinubu Stashed Over N22.5 billion In Kano
7) Yesterday, the Supreme Court finally agreed that Senate President Ahmed Lawan was the real candidate for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Yobe North Senatorial District. This meant that the Federal High Court in Damaturu and the Court of Appeal in Abuja were wrong to recognize Bashir Machina as the real candidate. Read More
8) Peter Obi, who is running for president with the Labour Party (LP), asked Nigerians to vote for him in the election this month. Obi asked Nigerians to take money from other candidates but vote for him when he and his running mate, Datti Baba-Ahmed, campaigned in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara State, on Monday.
Nigerian Newspapers –NewsOnline Nigeria
9) The crisis caused by a lack of fuel and cash has caused the All Progressives Congress (APC) to cancel its Presidential Rally, which was supposed to take place at Mapo Hall in Ibadan on Tuesday (today). Olawale Sadare, who is in charge of public relations for the Oyo APC, told journalists yesterday that the election will be moved.
10) Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, held a campaign rally. The governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, his vice governor, Benson Abounu, and the 22 local government chairmen of the state were not there.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers, NewsOnline Nigeria