Top Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today for Monday, August 14, 2023.
Good Morning! Catch Up on Today’s Headlines from Nigerian Newspapers
See Nigerian Newspapers Headlines and the Details below.
1. Petrol Prices Expected to Surge Amid Dollar Fluctuations
Oil marketers have raised concerns about an impending increase in the cost of Premium Motor Spirit, commonly known as petrol. The price is projected to soar between N680 and N720 per liter in the coming weeks. This anticipated surge is contingent on the fluctuations of the dollar exchange rate at the parallel market, which is currently trading between N910 and N950. The scarcity of foreign exchange for fuel importation has also impacted dealers’ ability to proceed with their plans.
- How much is dollar to naira today black market exchange rate 14, August 2023
- CBN Official Naira to Dollar exchange rate today August 14, 2023
2. Unusual Confession: Man Uses Human Skull for Bathing Ritual
Franklin Akinyosuyi, a 26-year-old man, was apprehended in Ondo town, Ondo State, for possessing a human skull in his residence. He confessed that he had been using the skull for bathing rituals over the course of a month. Akinyosuyi, a photographer and boutique owner, revealed that a herbalist instructed him to bathe with the skull every Thursday at 1 am. The bizarre ritual was purportedly aimed at enhancing his business.
3. Traditional Ruler’s Home Destroyed by Gunmen
Gunmen have reportedly set ablaze the residence of Eze Kanu Ikenolu, the traditional ruler of Ndia Iche Arondizuogu community in Imo State. This unfortunate incident has prompted panic within the community, compelling villagers and even the monarch’s family members to seek refuge in nearby bushes.
General Abdourahmane Tchiani, the leader of the junta in Niger, has expressed the military’s willingness to engage in dialogue. In a meeting with Islamic scholars from Nigeria, Tchiani emphasized the openness to explore diplomacy and peace as means of resolving ongoing matters.
5. Pastor Criticizes Fuel Subsidy Removal and its Impact on the Poor
Pastor Tunde Bakare, the Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, has strongly criticized President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s decision to remove fuel subsidies. Bakare condemned the move as “impulsive,” asserting that it disproportionately burdens the less privileged, while powerful individuals responsible for corruption remain unaffected.
6. Notable Absence: Former Governor Skips Son’s Wedding
Former Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State was conspicuously absent from his eldest son Bello’s wedding to his second wife, Aisha Habibu Shuaibu. Reportedly, El-Rufai had left the country following his withdrawal from the ministerial race.
7. Medical Association Urges Emergency Action in Health Sector
The Ekiti State chapter of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) has called upon President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to declare a state of emergency in the healthcare sector. Additionally, the NMA has advocated for a 15 percent increase in budget allocation to the sector, aligned with the Abuja Declaration. These measures aim to address the prevalent challenges facing the healthcare system.
8. Lawsuit Filed Against Senate President and Speaker of House
Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has initiated a lawsuit against Senate President Godswill Akpabio and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Tajudeen Abbas. The legal action pertains to the proposed allocation of N40 billion for acquiring 465 exotic and bulletproof cars for members and principal officials, along with N70 billion designated as palliatives for new members.
9. Pastor Critiques APC-led Government’s Policies
Senior Pastor of Citadel Global Community Church, Tunde Bakare, criticized the policies of the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led Federal Government, labeling them as detrimental to the well-being of citizens. Bakare cited economic hardship caused by these policies and pointed to the February 25 election results as an indicator of public discontent.
10. Arrest of Suspected Armed Robber on Major Highway
Operatives of the Ogun State Police Command apprehended Akeem Owonikoko, a suspected armed robber, along the Sagamu-Ijebu Ode-Benin Highway. The arrest followed a 24-hour operation led by the Area Commander, Ijebu Ode, ACP Omosanyi Adeniyi. Police spokesperson Omolola Odutola confirmed the arrest to the press in Abeokuta.
Stay informed with these key developments as reported by Nigerian newspapers.
Previous Nigerian Newspapers Headlines.
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 Latest News and Updates August 12, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 Latest News and Updates August 11, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 Latest News and Updates August 10, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 11 Latest News and Updates July 28, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 11 Latest News and Updates July 27, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 11 Latest News and Updates July 26, 2023
Thanks for readung, that is all for now on the top Nigerian Newspapers headlines for today. Stay informed and have a great day.
- NYSC Registration | NYSC Call Up Letter | All You should Know As PCMs
- How to Print NYSC Green Card And NYSC Call Up Letter
- NECO Result Checker 2023 | www.result.neco.gov.ng | NECO Result Portal Login
- 48 Powerful Prayer Points for Breakthrough With Scriptures
Our Daily Nigerian Newspapers Headlines source.