Top Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today for Thursday, July 27, 2023.
Stay informed with the latest Nigerian newspapers headlines today. Get up-to-date news and updates on politics, business, sports, entertainment, and more from leading Nigerian newspapers. Stay ahead with today’s top stories in Nigeria.
Good morning Nigeria! Welcome to Summary of Nigerian Newspapers headlines for today.
See Nigerian Newspapers Headlines and the Details below.
1. President Bola Tinubu has made an appeal to the organized labor in Abuja on Wednesday, requesting more time to consider their grievances before any nationwide strike takes place. Meanwhile, there are indications that the Federal Government might enforce a court order restraining the organized labor from proceeding with a strike related to the withdrawal of fuel subsidy in May.
2. A media aide to the Senate President, Jackson Akpabio, has announced that President Bola Tinubu’s authentic ministerial list will be revealed today. Akpabio urges Nigerians to refrain from speculation and await the official unveiling of the nominees.
3. A clash between rival cult groups at the popular Eke Awka market in Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State resulted in the tragic death of Igwe Omeli on Wednesday. The victim was killed in a crossfire during a supremacy battle over control of the market by the rival cult groups.
4. The Benue State Police Command has apprehended four suspected child traffickers operating around the Internally Displaced Persons camp located at North Bank, a suburb of Makurdi, the State capital. Catherine Anene, the State Police Public Relations Officer, disclosed this information in a statement to journalists in Makurdi on Wednesday.
5. Salihu Mohammed Lukman, the immediate past national vice chairman (North West) of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), has resigned and urged President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to desist from engaging in illegal acts. Lukman’s resignation letter is dated July 26, 2023.
6. Nigerien soldiers have taken over power from President Mohamed Bazoum, who has been in detention since the early hours of Wednesday. The soldiers announced the coup in a televised broadcast during the early hours of Thursday.
7. A special meeting of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is scheduled to take place on Thursday. The party is facing a leadership crisis, adding significance to the meeting.
Top Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today.
8. The Senate rejected a proposal on Wednesday, urging the Federal Government to employ a “political solution approach” to secure the release of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, from detention. Additionally, the Senate rejected a prayer requesting the Federal Government to comply with court orders granting bail to Kanu.
9. Protests erupted at Ogbete Market in Enugu State on Wednesday, resulting in the reported deaths of at least three individuals. The traders’ protest followed the closure of some of their shops and offices by the State Government on Monday.
10. Super Eagles captain, Ahmed Musa, announced on Wednesday that he has reduced the price of Premium Motor Spirit (petrol) at his fuel station, MYCA7, in Kano. The reduction was made to alleviate the hardship on Nigerians caused by the hike in the price of the petroleum product, bringing the price down from N620 to N580 per litre. Musa conveyed this information via his Twitter handle on Monday.
Previous Nigerian Newspapers Headlines.
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 Latest News and Updates July 26, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines: 10 things you need to know today July 21, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 Latest News and Updates July 25, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 things you need to know this July 23, 2023
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: Latest News and Updates July 24, 2023
- Week 4 Pool Fixtures for Sat 29 Jul 2023: Wk 4 Aussie 2023 – poolfixtures
- Week 4 pool results for Saturday, July 29, 2023: Aussie Pool Result Wk 4
Thanks for readung, that is all for now on the top Nigerian Newspapers headlines for today. Stay informed and have a great day.
- NYSC Registration | NYSC Call Up Letter | All You should Know As PCMs
- How to Print NYSC Green Card And NYSC Call Up Letter
- NECO Result Checker 2023 | www.result.neco.gov.ng | NECO Result Portal Login
Our Daily Nigerian Newspapers Headlines source.
- Guardian newspaper nigeria today
- Vanguard Newspaper Headlines today
- The Nation Newspaper Headlines today
- Punch Newspaper Headlines Today