Top Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today for Monday, July 24, 2023.
Stay informed with the latest Nigerian newspapers headlines today. Get up-to-date news and updates on politics, business, sports, entertainment, and more from leading Nigerian newspapers. Stay ahead with today’s top stories in Nigeria.
Good morning Nigeria! Welcome to Summary of Nigerian Newspapers headlines for today.
1. Tragedy Strikes in Ogun State as Eight Die and 11 Remain Critical After Consuming Deadly Alcoholic Drinks
In a heartbreaking incident in Ogun State, eight individuals have lost their lives while 11 others are fighting for survival in critical condition after allegedly consuming killer alcoholic beverages. The grim revelation was made by the Special Adviser to Governor Dapo Abiodun on Health, Dr. Tomi Coker, in a statement released to the press on Sunday.
2. Federal Government Charges 12 Suspected Oil Thieves in Connection with Intercepted Vessel Laden with Stolen Crude
The Federal Government has taken decisive action against oil theft by arraigning 12 suspected oil thieves in connection with a Cameroon-bound vessel, MT TURA II, intercepted with 150 metric tonnes of stolen crude oil on the Escravos Sea in Delta State. The vessel, carrying 11 Nigerians and one Ghanaian, was caught in the act on July 7.
3. Enugu State Government Urges Residents to Disregard IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order
In response to the Indigenous People of Biafra’s (IPOB) sit-at-home order for Monday, the Enugu State Government has called on residents to ignore the directive and continue their daily activities without fear. The government has reaffirmed its ban on sit-at-home gatherings and is determined to ensure normalcy in the state.
4. Ogun State: Teacher Assaulted by Secondary School Pupils for Preventing Cheating During Examination
A disturbing incident unfolded in Ogun State as a gang of senior secondary school pupils brutally attacked a teacher, Kolawole Shonuga, for attempting to prevent one of them from cheating during an examination. The shocking incident occurred at Isanbi Comprehensive High School, Ilisan-Remo, in Ikenne Local Government Area, and has raised concerns over discipline and safety in schools.
5. Adams Oshiomhole Defends President Bola Tinubu, Clarifies Election Promises
Former Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole, has come to the defense of President Bola Tinubu, asserting that those who voted for him as president knew he was not a magician. Oshiomhole refuted claims that Tinubu made unrealistic promises during his presidential campaign, emphasizing that there was no commitment to solve all of the country’s challenges in a mere 24 hours.
The Lagos State government has found itself embroiled in controversy over its approval of N61.2 million for the mass burial of 103 victims of the 2020 #EndSARS protest. The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Dr. Olusegun Ogboye, clarified that none of the bodies being buried were recovered from the Lekki Toll Gate incident, adding to the contentious situation.
7. Vice-President Kashim Shettima Represents President Bola Tinubu at International Summits
Vice-President Kashim Shettima has undertaken a significant role, representing President Bola Tinubu at two major international Summits in Rome, Italy, and St. Petersburg, Russia. Shettima’s presence at the events, including the “Transforming Food Systems for People, Planet, and Prosperity” summit in Rome, highlights Nigeria’s participation in critical global discussions.
8. New Tariff Toll Fare Implementation Postponed at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport
The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has decided to delay the implementation of new tariff toll fare at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport from July 17 to August 1. The move aims to grant airport users more time to enjoy the current charges before any adjustments are made.
9. Court of Appeal Nullifies Federal High Court Judgment on INEC’s Election Results Transmission
The Court of Appeal in Lagos has rendered void a Federal High Court judgment that mandated the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to electronically upload election results directly from polling units to the Results Viewing Portal (IReV). The panel held that INEC possesses extensive discretionary powers to determine the manner of result transmission.
10. Edo State Governor Stranded on Flooded Sapele Road, Video Goes Viral
In a video circulating online, Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, was captured stranded at the RCC Junction after heavy rainfall flooded the dilapidated Sapele Road in Benin. The video garnered attention as residents expressed frustration with the state of the road and the challenges posed by the floodwater.
- Nigerian Newspapers Headlines: 10 things you need to know today July 21, 2023
- Week 4 Pool Fixtures for Sat 29 Jul 2023: Wk 4 Aussie 2023 – poolfixtures
- Week 4 pool results for Saturday, July 29, 2023: Aussie Pool Result Wk 4
Thanks for readung, that is all for now on the top Nigerian Newspapers headlines for today. Stay informed and have a great day.
- NYSC Registration | NYSC Call Up Letter | All You should Know As PCMs
- How to Print NYSC Green Card And NYSC Call Up Letter
- NECO Result Checker 2023 | www.result.neco.gov.ng | NECO Result Portal Login
Our Daily Nigerian Newspapers Headlines source.
- Guardian newspaper nigeria today
- Vanguard Newspaper Headlines today
- The Nation Newspaper Headlines today
- Punch Newspaper Headlines Today