Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today February 23, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers headlines today saying?
Court Orders Interim Forfeiture Of N400m, Property Linked To Kogi
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission was granted an order of interim forfeiture of fourteen properties in Lagos, Abuja, and the United Arab Emirates linked to the Kogi State Government yesterday by a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos.
Justice Nicholas Oweibo issued the order after the EFCC’s attorney, Rotimi Oyedepo, filed an ex parte motion (SAN).
1) On Wednesday, President Muhammadu Buhari and former President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan urged all Presidential Candidates to accept the results of the upcoming 2023 elections in good faith.
2) Prof. Oyibo Chukwu, the Labour Party’s candidate for the Enugu East Senatorial District, has reportedly been murdered. About three days remain until the Presidential and National Assembly elections.Read More
Nigerian Newspapers:CBN Breaks Silence on Shutting Down Financial Transactions Over Elections from Thursday
3) The Social Democratic Party (SDP) has denied endorsing All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate and Oyo Governor Seyi Makinde in advance of the general election. Wednesday’s statement by the National Secretary, Saleh Dass, provided the clarification.Read More
4) For the first part of the 2023 General Elections, the Presidential and National Assembly Elections, the Nigeria Police Force has restricted movement in lieu of the elections that will be held in all 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Newsonline Nigeria:Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today: 10 Things You Need to Know Today, Wednesday, February 22, 2023
5) A Chief Magistrate’s Court in Port Harcourt, the capital of Rivers State, has remanded Hon. Ephraim Nwuzi, the representative for the Etche/Omuma federal constituency in the House of Representatives, to the Nigerian Correctional Centre in the state. This occurred as a result of a remand proceeding brought against him by the Rivers State Police Command.
6) The Conference of Yoruba Obas unanimously endorsed Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), for Saturday’s presidential election, noting that the former governor of Lagos State is eminently qualified to lead Nigeria.
Nigerian Newspapers:BREAKING: Influential Presidential Candidate Defects To APC, Tell Supporters To Vote for Tinubu
7) The Kano state branch of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) has accused the Department of Security Services (DSS) of intimidating its members and conducting raids on its state campaign offices.
8) Governor of Abia State Okezie Ikpeazu has denied his support for Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC). He dismissed as mere speculation and wishful thinking claims attributed to the former governor of the state, Orji Uzor Kalu, that he was supporting Tinubu.
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria
9) On Wednesday, the Supreme Court set the date of March 3, 2023 for its decision in the case brought by 10 governors against the Federal Government and the Central Bank of Nigeria regarding the new naira note deadline. The rescheduling of the judgment date dashed the hopes of those who believed the supreme court would rule before Saturday’s presidential election.
10) Prior to Saturday’s presidential and National Assembly elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, began distributing sensitive materials in states such as Lagos, Benue, Ondo, Ekiti, and Osun on Wednesday. In no less than nine states, the electoral commission accelerated preparations by distributing sensitive materials to local government districts.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers headlines today, Newsonline Nigeria