Nigerian Newspapers, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, NewsOnline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, TopNaija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to curated top Headlines from Nigerian Newspapers today December 30, 2022.
What are the Nigerian Newspapers Saying?.
Alleged Terrorism: Court Stops DSS, IGP Others From Arresting Emefiele
The Department of State Security Services (DSS) and Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba, have been ordered to refrain from arresting and detaining the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, on suspicion of terrorism by a Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court.
In a ruling issued on December 19, Justices A.H. Hassan further prohibited the Federal Attorney General (AGF), Abubakar Malami (SAN), the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) from taking any action against Emefiele.
1. Barring a last-minute change, the group of five governors from the People’s Democratic Party led by Governor Nyesom Wike will be arriving back in the nation on Friday. It was discovered that the governors visited former Senate Deputy President Ike Ekwerenmadu, who is currently being held in custody while awaiting trial in the British judicial system, while they were in London for additional consultations.
2. Yesterday’s explosion that shook the Okene neighbourhood of Kogi State is reported to have killed at least four people.
At Oyinoyi’s Palace in the state’s Okenne Local Government Area, a blast happened early on Thursday.
Nigerian Newspapers:Pele: 7 Ultimate Reasons The Brazil Legend “Is The Greatest Of All Time”
3. The five disgruntled governors of the Peoples Democratic Party have demanded that Bola Tinubu, the APC’s presidential candidate, support the PDP’s candidates for governor and senator in their respective states. On Thursday, it was learned that Tinubu had been given this as one of the requirements during his meeting with the PDP governors in London.
4. On Thursday, a Kano State High Court sentenced Sagiru Abdullahi, 29, to death by hanging for fatally stabbing his stepmother Zainab Dan’Azumi, 55. On one count of culpable homicide, the court found Abdullahi guilty. The defendant was given the death penalty by Justice Aisha Mahmoud after ruling that the prosecution had established its case beyond a reasonable doubt.
Nigerian Newspapers, NewsOnline Nigeria
5. Ogun State Police Command officers freed suspected Internet fraudster Haruna Usman, who had been kidnapped by his associates for keeping the proceeds of their crime hidden. According to information obtained, the kidnapped con artist reportedly gave N2,200,000 to other gang members from the N26,437,950 he allegedly stole from a victim in the state.
6. Three-time World Cup champion Pele, widely regarded as the greatest player of all time, and the architect of the “beautiful game,” passed away yesterday at the age of 82, his family announced on Thursday.Read More
Nigerian Newspapers:New Naira Notes: Senate Make Big Moves to Move deadline to June 30
7. In the states of Sokoto and Katsina, bandits have killed 14 people and kidnapped 81 more. 13 people were killed and 73 were kidnapped in Sokoto State’s eastern region, including women and children. Different communities in the local government areas of Sabon Birni, Gada, and Goronyo were the targets of the attacks.
8. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) presidential candidate, claimed he was unconcerned by plans by the G-5, the party’s five disgruntled governors, to support presidential candidates from other political parties.
He asserted that all authority comes from God and expressed his conviction that no man could claim the authority that belongs exclusively to God.
Nigerian Newspapers –NewsOnline Nigeria
9. Governor Biodun Oyebanji was declared the winner of the Ekiti State governorship election on June 18 by the Election Petition Tribunal, which met in Ado-Ekiti yesterday.
10. The Police Service Commission on Thursday approved the immediate suspension of the suspected killer cop, ASP Drambi Vandi, as the demand for justice for the murdered pregnant lawyer, Bolanle Raheem, grows. Ikechukwu Ani, the PSC’s spokesperson, confirmed the development in a statement issued yesterday.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers, NewsOnline Nigeria